Countdown to Baby Chicks 2023 edition

Pics
I have about 3.5 weeks or so till I set some eggs to hatch. I will order shipped eggs from the breeder I found last year. I may set some of my girls eggs too and hope some are fertilized from my boys!

My problem is I want too many new breeds/colors and only have space for a couple more right now. Hoping to get my husband moving on getting the free coop I have been offered but we need to take down a section of my fence to get it in the back yard and I need to expand my run.......... So I may have to find homes for lots of the chicks I hatch depending on when that gets done.

But I know I will order some:

Lavender orpington eggs
Partridge black/blue split Brahma eggs
Isabel Brahma eggs
Caramel laced Chocolate Orpington eggs

some of these are colors that she has been working on.

and maybe ask her to throw in some blue eggs since some I had hoped laid blue that I have either lay such a pale blue that it looks white or a turquoise that is a bit more green...... so want to add in some blue to my crew.

First batch is here. 17* when I got to the PO.
50 total. EE, OE, Delaware and Barnevelder.
IMG_20230126_091056.jpg
IMG_20230126_091043.jpg

Hello everyone. have been lurking around for years and applying your knowledge to my … situations, lol. You guys created fantastic place to learn teach and most of all have fun. As of right now, I’m sitting here waiting for the PO to call with my chick arrival. They where loaded late evening of February 6 and on their way to NJ. Im hoping that everyone is healthy And hopefully will survive trip. (Having remorse for buying so early in the season and putting them in jeopardy) There is 25 new girls coming in this order:
6. ameraucana (love them)
2 New Hampshirite
4 white Orpington
2 blue Andalusian
2 buttercups
2 Columbian wyandotte
2 black giant
2 speckled sussex
2 buff Orpington
2 dark brahmas
1 surprise chick (unsexed)
huh!!! To much??????? Lol

Hello everyone. have been lurking around for years and applying your knowledge to my … situations, lol. You guys created fantastic place to learn teach and most of all have fun. As of right now, I’m sitting here waiting for the PO to call with my chick arrival. They where loaded late evening of February 6 and on their way to NJ. Im hoping that everyone is healthy And hopefully will survive trip. (Having remorse for buying so early in the season and putting them in jeopardy) There is 25 new girls coming in this order:
6. ameraucana (love them)
2 New Hampshirite
4 white Orpington
2 blue Andalusian
2 buttercups
2 Columbian wyandotte
2 black giant
2 speckled sussex
2 buff Orpington
2 dark brahmas
1 surprise chick (unsexed)
huh!!! To much??????? Lol
Never too much. Maximize shipping. You will have no trouble selling the extras either tomorrow or in 10 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom