Countdown to Baby Chicks 2023 edition

Pics
That’s terrible! I’m in a warm climate and it’s still cold at night and in the morning/ Mine did, but it was barely warm when I took them out of the box.
Oh that's good, the weather really matters a lot. It was in the 30s here when I went to pick them up (the guy unloading the trucks called me and I got there before the PO opened). 4 were already dead and 8 were kind of stiff. I managed to revive 6, but 2 more didn't make it in the end. They're all looking good now though... fingers crossed!

Oh that's good, the weather really matters a lot. It was in the 30s here when I went to pick them up (the guy unloading the trucks called me and I got there before the PO opened). 4 were already dead and 8 were kind of stiff. I managed to revive 6, but 2 more didn't make it in the end. They're all looking good now though... fingers crossed!
Good luck with the survivors!

I just hatched one blue andelusian but I think it will be black.
I posted about my order in another thread and then I just noticed this thread now. I guess I will post here too so I can add pictures when they are here, since I love seeing everyone else's so much.

Where did you order from?

Meyer Hatchery

What did you order?

• 1 Buckeye
  • 1 Easter Egger
  • 1 Buff Orpington
  • (right now I have the free "meal maker" chick in my order as well, but I'm considering having them take it off because I technically only want 2 more chickens and already am getting 3. 4 might be pushing it... But if I take it off the order, will I be able to resist getting a bin chick when I go pick up my order? :barnie)

When will they hatch/how many weeks or months left?

April 24th, so I think about 10 weeks.:jumpy
Take all chicks incase one chick doesn't survive.

I have an incubator in my Amazon cart. I am thinking that would be the way to go. We have lost,umm, three, so that is not very much room. I am enamored with frizzle chickens. I have one, Flippy, and me thinks he needs a friend and a mate (so that's two there). Of course, the frizzle thingy ain't guaranteed. I'd sure hate to be hatching trying to get more frizzle and wind up with all smooth. A frizzle brahma would be the bees knees.

So, yeah, there will be more, just no plans to "order" at this point.
A dog got to my beloved Flippy. I didn't even want to tell yaw'll.

Anyway, I have my eye on some EE frizzles (now can't remember which hatchery, duh). I think Meyer. But, australorps (any color, not choosey about that) are more in my radar. We'll see. Perhaps 5 of each 🧐 .

A dog got to my beloved Flippy. I didn't even want to tell yaw'll.

Anyway, I have my eye on some EE frizzles (now can't remember which hatchery, duh). I think Meyer. But, australorps (any color, not choosey about that) are more in my radar. We'll see. Perhaps 5 of each 🧐 .
I’m so sorry about Flippy. 😢 You can order specific blue, black &/or splash Australorp from Mt Healthy hatchery. Then you would be guaranteed to get a variety of colors of your choice. Ideal poultry has a choice of black or blue Australorp too. You could get a couple of each! 😊. Neither have full size frizzzle though.

Back
Top Bottom