Countdown to receiving new chicks on oct 9th week

Absolutely cute! I love chicks. Mine are growing and developing so fast, I need to take pics like every couple days to keep up. They are a riot and cant get enough. I will have to get updated pics up.

Absolutely cute! I love chicks. Mine are growing and developing so fast, I need to take pics like every couple days to keep up. They are a riot and cant get enough. I will have to get updated pics up.
I have such a hard time taking pictures of my chicks. Unless they are inside the house, it's too dim in the barn, and the red light makes it impossible :( I've actually considered switching to white just to take pictures :lol: These chicks above were kept inside because I ran out of room at the barn. The chicks I have now are in the garage. Today is the day OP! Pictures needed!!!!!!!!
_MG_6271.jpg
Here is a mama of mine with all 7 of her fluffy butts :D Janet (mom) is molting as well, so ignore her ratty appearance. :rolleyes:

I have such a hard time taking pictures of my chicks. Unless they are inside the house, it's too dim in the barn, and the red light makes it impossible
sad.png
I've actually considered switching to white just to take pictures
lol.png

These chicks above were kept inside because I ran out of room at the barn. The chicks I have now are in the garage.
Today is the day OP! Pictures needed!!!!!!!!
_MG_6271.jpg

Here is a mama of mine with all 7 of her fluffy butts
big_smile.png
Janet (mom) is molting as well, so ignore her ratty appearance.
roll.png
so beautiful. Are they silkies? I dont have any of them yet,, there are so many to add to the collection. I went from zero of my own birds in may( I spent the years before that keeping the chickens on my gmas farm) to 36 birds today... It doesnt take long does it?
big_smile.png

so beautiful. Are they silkies? I dont have any of them yet,, there are so many to add to the collection. I went from zero of my own birds in may( I spent the years before that keeping the chickens on my gmas farm) to 36 birds today... It doesnt take long does it?:D
The babies are silkies yes :)

It definitely doesn't! We had 36 birds when we moved April 13th. Now we have over 100!!

I have lots of different breeds the most I have in one breed is 5 I like how different each breed is and their personalities are also so different. I am trying to narrow down what breeds I want next year. I am also doing a breeding project next year mixing some of my breeds, that will be fun.

I have lots of different breeds the most I have in one breed is 5 I like how different each breed is and their personalities are also so different. I am trying to narrow down what breeds I want next year. I am also doing a breeding project next year mixing some of my breeds, that will be fun.
I also keep many breeds. The most I have in 1 breed are the silkies. I think I have around 10 mature birds (by mature I mean fully feathered and ranging from 5months - 4 years).

I probably have 10+ different breeds. I have a hard time narrowing down my favourites! :lol: I put the breeds I am going to focus on in my signature. I have a few single ladies that don't match :p

It is hard to pick a fav breed. There is not just one for me. Yes I do have alot of single ladies that once I figure out who I am breeding for pureity I will have to find another roo. Its sad but I have 8 roos already lol. I do know that I want some golden sebrite ladies for my roo he is my alpha roo and majority of my flock are large breeds lol the turkeys even listen to him.

It is hard to pick a fav breed. There is not just one for me. Yes I do have alot of single ladies that once I figure out who I am breeding for pureity I will have to find another roo. Its sad but I have 8 roos already lol. I do know that I want some golden sebrite ladies for my roo he is my alpha roo and majority of my flock are large breeds lol the turkeys even listen to him.
My turkeys boss around the entire flock besides the geese. The geese get along with every single bird I have. My turkeys like to chase my roosters around. I'm always yelling at them to stop bothering the boys. My young turkey hens are the worst for harassing the roosters.

Back
Top Bottom