Country or City?

Country by far. Never lived in a city, never want to. Large amounts of people like that make me scared and uncomfortable.

Ewesheep--just curious. What's land going for in your area? Ours in NW PA is insane...1 acre for $18,200!!! a 98 acre farm with ZERO buildings for $220,00!!
98 acres for $220,000.00!! Is if farmable? Holy cow! We just looked at a 15 acre parcel of prime farm ground, (CA) no buildings, for $289,000.00. But because it has no buildings/house on it we can't buy it unless we can plunk down $100,000.00! Nobody will finance for less down payment and we have stellar credit. So that's sure not gonna happen. Insane is right!

Anyway, as far as where I'd rather live? Country hands down. I was raised in a suburb and I cannot stand town/city life, all the people, noise and problems that come with it. No thank you. I haven't lived in town for 23 years and I don't ever want to go back.

Country, I don't live in the country per se but when I went with my mom to Sherman Oaks to visit a friend I couldn't stand all the noise from the cars on Burbank Blvd. I kept saying "how can anyone live here?" lol. The apartments are.. Cute.. but I like pets and I usually like more than 1. I thought it was cool since my mom's friend lives very close to a college but before I even consider what it'd be like to live in a city I have to remember my nice little desert town where the biggest threat to my birds are a neighbor's pesky cat and no one cares that I have around 60 chickens, 13 noisy ducks, baby chicks living with coturnix quail in the garden aviary, 2 ho-hum turkeys, and 3 somewhat yappy dachshunds. I will admit it is going to be a lot harder for me to find a job when I start driving, at least one that pays well, considering everything is spacey here. 15-20 minutes to this town, 30 or so minutes to this one, an hour to get to RadioShack when I have phone troubles.. [that's all by car by the way] Everything is so fast and manageable in the city. It's something to think about since adulthood is right around the corner, there are no colleges in my little desert town.
Sorry for my rambling, but it does make me wonder.

Country. I don't think chicken loving people like the city. However, some are forced too.

I love my front yard.

I would prefer to live in the country but I've made the best of living in the city. I think they both have their pros and cons.
I agree, but I would just love to have a place in western nc someday!! That would make my life!!!
thumbsup.gif

Country! Otherwise I can't have my milk cow and her calf if I lived in the city. Plus all my chickens, turkeys, peafowl, emus, guineas, 2 geese, 1 duck, American Guinea hogs, and 2 steers. No way I will live in the city, not even if I was dragged screaming and kicking!!! :D

My front yard-

You could have all that in some cities.

pop.gif

Very true. I guess really city vs country are not the only two options. There are lots of shades in between. To me, moving to a place where I could have half to a full acre woud feel like moving to the country. But I guess that is more suburbs or a smaller town to other folks. Others may considered the suburbs city while someone who lives in a really urban place like me does think of it as city at all.

I am not sure I would like living in the real country - might be too big a culture shock for me. It would take me a very long time to get used to so much quiet.

For contrast here is the view looking out from my front yard lol. Trees are a bit of a novelty for me.

Very true. I guess really city vs country are not the only two options. There are lots of shades in between. To me, moving to a place where I could have half to a full acre woud feel like moving to the country. But I guess that is more suburbs or a smaller town to other folks. Others may considered the suburbs city while someone who lives in a really urban place like me does think of it as city at all.

I am not sure I would like living in the real country - might be too big a culture shock for me. It would take me a very long time to get used to so much quiet.

For contrast here is the view looking out from my front yard lol. Trees are a bit of a novelty for me.

I grew up in Highland Park right next to Pasadena but I couldn't ever go back.

pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom