Country or City?

I get it. I have lived in LA proper for a little over ten years now. I loved it at first but it is starting to get old.

It gets really good after your first riot.
hide.gif

pop.gif

Country by far. Never lived in a city, never want to. Large amounts of people like that make me scared and uncomfortable.

Ewesheep--just curious. What's land going for in your area? Ours in NW PA is insane...1 acre for $18,200!!! a 98 acre farm with ZERO buildings for $220,00!!

Bare property here in Oregon is about $50,000 per acre on the west side of the Cascades, less on the East side. My 2.89 acres with 2000sq ft house was $300,000+

Very true. I guess really city vs country are not the only two options. There are lots of shades in between. To me, moving to a place where I could have half to a full acre woud feel like moving to the country. But I guess that is more suburbs or a smaller town to other folks. Others may considered the suburbs city while someone who lives in a really urban place like me does think of it as city at all.

I am not sure I would like living in the real country - might be too big a culture shock for me. It would take me a very long time to get used to so much quiet.

For contrast here is the view looking out from my front yard lol. Trees are a bit of a novelty for me.

Country is not that quiet. Birds are singing, roosters are crowing, cows are mooing, always a dog barking in the distance. Cicadas doing their thing. I was raised in the city (except for 2 years in OK), I left as soon as I could.

Back
Top Bottom