Courting Behavior?

Your ADULT birds are just fine in your climate temps. The question arise, when hatching small ones during cold weather. Survival starts to be the issue, during COLD. I would avoid hatching out baby pigeons until SPRING. If they do lay eggs,,, you can replace those with fakes.
The other question,,, If they are High flyers,, Is the process of home-setting them to your loft. That means, being able to let them Loft Fly, and have them return home. It is a different challenge with different breeds. Homing adult pigeons, being the more difficult ones to homeset.

Your ADULT birds are just fine in your climate temps. The question arise, when hatching small ones during cold weather. Survival starts to be the issue, during COLD. I would avoid hatching out baby pigeons until SPRING. If they do lay eggs,,, you can replace those with fakes.
The other question,,, If they are High flyers,, Is the process of home-setting them to your loft. That means, being able to let them Loft Fly, and have them return home. It is a different challenge with different breeds. Homing adult pigeons, being the more difficult ones to homeset.
I do want to home set them, but since they are adults, I’m afraid they will fly away, trying to find their old loft. We also get a lot of hawks and ravens, and I don’t want them getting picked off by those. Can you give me some advice on homing them? There is no good information on Afghans on google, so I know basically nothing on their homing ability, wether they are high flyers etc.

Yo I was wondering..... is it safe to fly them outside? Sometimes I get hawks, but they don't bother the doves that live here, as far as i can see. I also live close to a busy road, so are they in danger of getting hit by a car? There is also some feral cats and dogs around. How can I safely fly my pigeons and make sure they don't fly away or get killed?

Back
Top Bottom