Covering 20x30 dog kennel run

I’m using dog kennels to and my top is chain link and half metal roof and we used top rail fencing and clamps for cross bracing and support legs hope these pictures help!View attachment 3231854View attachment 3231855
Hi! I currently have the same type of metal fencing for my chicken run and I want to add a roof to a 10 X10 section of it - how did you attach the metal sheeting to the metal fencing? Also, do know if there would be a way to make a slanted roof using the same materials? I was excited to see your post as I am hoping to not have to do much modification or construction for this project.

Hi! I currently have the same type of metal fencing for my chicken run and I want to add a roof to a 10 X10 section of it - how did you attach the metal sheeting to the metal fencing? Also, do know if there would be a way to make a slanted roof using the same materials? I was excited to see your post as I am hoping to not have to do much modification or construction for this project.
The metal sheeting is screwed into the top rail poles that we used for support! I’m not sure as to making it slant more maybe adding some 2 x 4s on one end to give some slant but I’m not really sure. We don’t really get snow so we didn’t really worry about much slant for it

The metal sheeting is screwed into the top rail poles that we used for support! I’m not sure as to making it slant more maybe adding some 2 x 4s on one end to give some slant but I’m not really sure. We don’t really get snow so we didn’t really worry about much slant for it
That's great! Thank you for getting back to me!

Just worked on winterizing a section of the large run! We had some early snow and I realized I needed a good covered area. Luckily the snow melted and I had a second chance at making it right! I covered a 6x10 area off the coop and then to keep cost down just put a cattle panel hoop house for another 10 ft section. The pictures don’t show but I did put plastic around it all and hopefully it does the trick! Hope this helps someone else with a large run! It didn’t cost much and I think it’ll be worth it. I built it myself sooo pretty much anyone can do it! We’ve had some wild wind and it’s done very well. We’ll see how it all holds up to snow!

Attachments

• CA40B1C8-F39B-49A0-831A-C5B5EDB701CD.jpeg
    CA40B1C8-F39B-49A0-831A-C5B5EDB701CD.jpeg
    984 KB · Views: 11
  • 99FF09BA-3708-4131-B110-981C2E821A94.jpeg
    99FF09BA-3708-4131-B110-981C2E821A94.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Hey guys! We have some really low temps coming here in Michigan and I think I might need to up my ventilation before it happens tomorrow afternoon. There’s a 3ftx6in vent in my coop but it’s right behind the roosting bars. This hasn’t been an issue until now. Now I’m thinking it’s not high enough. I woke up this morning to some frost on the inside of the coop window and one wall also by the window. You’ve all been so helpful with everything else I was hoping you could give me some advice on this one! I have 4 hens and the coop is not insulated. I’m reluctant to add a heat source as they terrify me! Wind has not come in through their vent behind the roosting bars. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 23C4A66F-2454-48C0-AB0C-210A42A1F46E.jpeg
    23C4A66F-2454-48C0-AB0C-210A42A1F46E.jpeg
    764.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 4DC1B30C-D30D-4279-BE00-6A19B3BCCF9C.jpeg
    4DC1B30C-D30D-4279-BE00-6A19B3BCCF9C.jpeg
    733.2 KB · Views: 10
Hey guys! We have some really low temps coming here in Michigan and I think I might need to up my ventilation before it happens tomorrow afternoon. There’s a 3ftx6in vent in my coop but it’s right behind the roosting bars. This hasn’t been an issue until now. Now I’m thinking it’s not high enough. I woke up this morning to some frost on the inside of the coop window and one wall also by the window. You’ve all been so helpful with everything else I was hoping you could give me some advice on this one! I have 4 hens and the coop is not insulated. I’m reluctant to add a heat source as they terrify me! Wind has not come in through their vent behind the roosting bars. Thanks so much!
Is that an OverEZ coop?
If so, take a look at these soffit mods:
Back
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/coop-modification-recommendations.1517556/post-25543595

Front
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/coop-modification-recommendations.1517556/post-25543828

Back
Top Bottom