Coyote attacked my goose!!

Phils Ma

Hatching
Oct 1, 2016
Alberta, Canada
He has significant wounds to his back right side. They are starting to heal after several days of diligent care, but they smell...bad. Any idea why? And he is refusing to stand?

He has significant wounds to his back right side. They are starting to heal after several days of diligent care, but they smell...bad. Any idea why? And he is refusing to stand?
@Phils Ma can you get a product called Veterycin spray for wounds and infections..I am wondering if they scabbed over before they could completely drain out the nasties and maybe washing in some saline warm water to soften the scabs so they come off might help if there is any infection brewing under there. Are you giving him antibiotics by mouth in his water or other wise? As for his not walking or standing are there wounds on his legs? and swelling or hot areas? Also some good poultry vitamins would be a good idea Poultry Nutri drench can be given right into the bill and it doesn't have to go through the blood stream to get going so it works fast. Sure hope you see much improvement soon in your goose.

He is at the vet now. They are giving him antibiotics and an anti inflammatory. Everything is healing nicely, but they are worried that he doesn't move his legs much.

If it is smelling bad it could be infected or abcessed. I've never had a bird hurt but I know this is true for other animals. May need to see the vet.

Eating much more. Chatting with us more, and slowly starting to use his legs in the water. Still won't stand up though. Vet check again this week.

Eating much more. Chatting with us more, and slowly starting to use his legs in the water. Still won't stand up though. Vet check again this week.
Progress is good though hopefully he'll begin using his legs for walking soon. Water therapy is excellent for gaining strength. Let us know what the vet has to say.

Back
Top Bottom