coyote killed my little buff

stewie's mom

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 6, 2009
sad.png
A coyote ran into my yard at mid morning and grabbed Daisy, my buff orpington. I screamed and chased him but of course that did nothing. I am just sick over this. Do you think she suffered or do coyotes kill them fast. I bought a shotgun and i'll be waiting for him when he comes back....

I haven't seen that coyote yet and now I'm getting paranoid about my 6 remaining little sweeties. They are now confined to their run and coop till I get their chicken tractor finished. I am worrying about weasels...the coop is pretty safe and the run is completely double-wired all sides and top and into the ground but at the gate to get into the run there is a gap big enough for a weasel. I have overlaped the gate edge against the side of the run but a weasel could push it's way through. Does anyone have any ideas how to make the gate safer and still be able to open it to get into the run? After losing my little Daisy I don't think I can take losing any other of my girls...they are my pets more than egg layers. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. (thank-you in advance)

they do make coyote traps they work great her are a few pups we cought last year
59947_baby_yote_004.jpg

i trapped 4 pups an the mother then in the summer shot daddy running threw our back field.good luck you are better of with a riffle then a shot gun pretty hard to get close to the coyotes would suggest you use slugs

Back
Top Bottom