Coyote trapping help needed

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
I need to trap a coyote. It has been picking off my free range roosters. I'm down to 2 left. I have been begging a relative to put out some foothold traps for about 4 weeks. It hasn't happened. So I just need to do it myself.

Where do I buy foothold traps and how do I set it. This coyote has been since within 20 feet of the front door.

I don't want to put out poison since my LGD is a fence climber and occasionally gets out.

Thanks

Contact your local trappers. In many places Coyote is an open season animal and trappers and hunters will come take care of your problem. Many times all they want is the animal in return.

Just google trappers in your area and see if they'll help.

As for trapping it yourself, I don't have any advice, I was never successful in leg trapping anything. Well, except one of my favorite hens.
hmm.png

-Kim

Last edited:
I see ads all the time in this area from people wanting to hunt coyotes, wild hogs, etc. Maybe someone in your area will help you out!

As Wolf-Kim already stated, contact a professional. If you don't know where to find one, call the game warden.
wink.png

Well relative is a profesional this just can't wait any longer. Many people at work said put out hotdogs soaked in antifreeze. Hate to say it but if traps aren't set tomarrow there will be hotdogs soaked in anifreeze left for the coyote. I'm just done with it and he needs to be dead yesterday. I'm not a very social person so calling and begging strangers to come trap this coyote isn't goingto happen.

You can by leg holds online and search youtube vids on how to set them like a pro. They don't cost much and are easy to set.
If you set out bait don't use antifreeze use Golden Marlin fly bait instead, it kills a lot faster.
That way you know what ate it because will be less than 50ft way dead.

Your local Co Op should have them..They have them where i live now.

Antifreeze , if not enough in the hotdog, wont kill em. And I doubt a hotdog with that amnount will kill it.

Or buy a cheap predator call made for coyotes , sit tight ,wait for it and use a gun..IF you can do that.
We have one group of coyotes up here but all we ever hear is their rallying cry for hutning but never see them near us.
They might be 300 yards or so but I have yet to see one on my property.
They rae smart as can be and avoid humnas like the plague.. so it will take some doing..

Patience you must have .. young one .
smile.png

I do not think there is a season for that...I believe it is year 'round. I think they are legal to kill year' round here.

Check with the game warden in your area. You can buy a live trap at most hardware or feed stores.

Maybe your area has animal control & they can put out a trap for a "ferrell dog" and do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom