1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coyotes

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chicken_love, Jul 2, 2007.

1. chicken_love

chicken_love Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2007
    Do coyotes attack chickens? We have a few that occasionally come visit us, most winters they actually make a little home and settle down for a few months. I'm worried that they might be a danger to chicks.

2. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    YES....coyotes would love to have a chicken dinner (or lunch or breakfast or midnight snack...)

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

DEFINATELY!! Coyotes LOVE chicken. They will dig under a fence to get them, and even dig under the coop. I say....predator proof the coop and run REALLY well. Maybe even electric fencing...if they like to come around so often.

4. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    YES! they will do anything to get to ur chickens!!! so u should probably make it so the coyote wont get to the chickens. . .im not sure how u would do it tho. . .sorry

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Yep they sure do.have cleaned me out a few times............hoping not again............take precautions now so it wont happen to you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by