COYOTES!!

Well, I didnt hear anything last night, and I searched the property for foot prints, and luckly I found none, just deer. We have this stray cat that I have been feeding for the past month, and he went missing for a week, then I got to thinking that maybe the coyotes got him last night. I got up to look out of the door, and he was standing there. I was so glad that he wasnt killed. My cats will not be going outside at night.

I try to keep optimistic about the wole coyote issue. It gives me a justification for spending top dollar on gas operated rifles, optics, night vision, lazers! I under stand no one wants to pull stand to every dawn waiting for the french and indians to attack. But I love the life style and challange of the cyote war being waged on my farm. My chickens hear the shot of an AR-15 and they come running because they know they get to eat and pick at the skinned cyote carcus. I also love the challange of setting up flock protection measures traps,tricks mazes for them to get caught in, scare crow dummys, IR tripped deterant systems ect. Yes my place is set up like a Forward Operating Base. But I love my chickens and I love shooting and defeating the cyote insurgency!
wink.png

Get a wounded rabbit tape and call 'em right to your front door! A 22lr will take them out at 50 yards or better and won't spook the others coming in. Of course for long distance I use a slightly larger caliber.

Back
Top Bottom