coyotes

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rainy hen lady, Nov 21, 2013.

1. rainy hen lady

rainy hen lady Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    my girls were sticking their heads way up in the air,and cackling very loudly (all 12 of them ),so when I walked outside,there he was, a big coyote trying to get in the enclosure around the garden I had them in !! I immediately put them in their "safe" pen,and locked the door,until I could figure out what to do. I called the city,and sure enough,i can kill a coyote if its horrassing me, or trying to get my chickens !!! we now have a loaded 22 by the back door,just in case he comes back. hate to kill a wild creature,but I love my girls,and their eggs,and refuse to have anyone disappear on my watch !!

2. sepaditty1

sepaditty1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Wow! Go for it!

1 person likes this.
  3. You rock! I probably would have been freaking out and never have done that I would have just stood back and Threw thing at it(Not very smart I know! Lol)

4. There is nothing wrong with killing a wild When it threatens you or any family member or pet if it comes and threatens you must take action Trust me I know We had to shoot at a Coyote that came And killed some of our chickens too He Dare not come back Because he knows what will Become of him if he does.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Just make sure your aim is true, and be aware of what is behind your target. Good luck!

6. rainy hen lady

Oct 22, 2013
    no worries about that, I shoot better than most. hehehehe. and no-one lives in the gulley below or on the hill behind us.
    thank you everyone for the replies.

7. Brandi Leigh

Brandi Leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

8. rainy hen lady

Oct 22, 2013
    yes sir I certainly am !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by