Crack on beak

This little duckling is 3 days old. It was born with this dark mark on top of its beak. Another one has a smaller one.
Now it looks and feels cracked. Doesn't seem to be bothersome.View attachment 3423716But, I'm just worried will it heal, what can I do, and will it get infected?
And do you think the shell might have cut it's beak during hatching?
That's a possibility, for now I'd just monitor, I agree with the advice already given, keep the water clean and it should be okay. Bill wounds tend to heal very fast! My girlie once cracked her beak and it bled a decent amount- it healed completely within a week.

If it starts looking worse or seems to become infected, let us know and we can suggest treatments for it

That's a possibility, for now I'd just monitor, I agree with the advice already given, keep the water clean and it should be okay. Bill wounds tend to heal very fast! My girlie once cracked her beak and it bled a decent amount- it healed completely within a week.

If it starts looking worse or seems to become infected, let us know and we can suggest treatments for it
Thank you BelovedBirds I feel better now. And thank you for offering help.

Back
Top Bottom