Crack or hatching??

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
It is my chicks due date today and i realized one if my eggs has little white bubbles coming out of some parts, like how an egg looks when it is cooking, is this the chick trying to hatch or is it a bad cracked egg??? None of my eggs had cracks before.

Is there a chance that you could get a picture? That would help a lot. Maybe @Eggcessive could help :)
20240116_164433.jpg

there is also a bit of the tip. Its those little white things on the middle egg

This is a case where I would take a quick candle of the egg. See if a chick is active or if not looking healthy remove the egg before it explodes.
I am very new and dont know what an active chick looks like. I candled some and they are just pitch black so i am unable to see movement. This egg progressivley gets darker and i think i can see and outline of a chicken head???? I dont know what it is, do you think you can help with this
20240116_175326.jpg

Normally you could see the chick breathing in the air sack once it started to pip, but your holes are on the wrong end for that, so if the chick is making the holes it is malpositioned. Unfortunately I can't tell from the picture, but you are looking for movement when you are not moving the egg.

Back
Top Bottom