Cracked egg in incubator. What should I do ?

Muhammad Ahtisham Ali

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2017
So It's been 6 days since I put eggs in my incubator. I was candling the eggs today and found that one of the eggs has a little hairline sort of crack. The eggs is itself is showing good signs of development but I am afraid that the egg will stop developing due to the crack. Can anyone suggest me what can I do ? Should I tape it or something ?

Compost King

Free Ranging
Apr 19, 2018
Salisbury, North Carolina
I have never repaired an egg, I always toss them. @Melky gives some of the best advice I have seen on BYC so go with what he says. I suggest throwing out any damaged egg unless you are in a hurry to start a project or you may never get a chance to hatch this specific breed/strain again or if you are heavily invested in these eggs and can not replace them easily.

Melky

Spring has sprung!
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
Edgewood, KY
I have never repaired an egg, I always toss them. @Melky gives some of the best advice I have seen on BYC so go with what he says. I suggest throwing out any damaged egg unless you are in a hurry to start a project or you may never get a chance to hatch this specific breed/strain again or if you are heavily invested in these eggs and can not replace them easily.

Thks @Compost King but she.

Top Bottom