Crafters unite

Quote:
Hi Monica!

The very 1st bird house gourd that I made, after cleaning out the innards, I hung it out on the front porch so the wind could finish blowing out dust and other small particles. Within 2 days, we had Ma & Pa Carolina Wren decide that it was there new home. They've been raising families on our front porch for almost 7 years now and it's still not decorated.
roll.png
Oh well, as long as the Wrens are happy with it! LOL

As far as sanding them is concerned...sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It mostly depends on whether or not I can find the sand paper, seriously!
lau.gif

MissPrissy
Today 12:03 pm Those gourd are very lovely. With the right shape you could paint a hen!

Thank You!

I've actually been contemplating how well feathers would do to make a gourd chicken...
wink.png

Found some of my wire wrapped pieces and a few necklaces but will have to wait until Skip gets back and can take pix of them for me...can't use the Olympus one-handed.
barnie.gif

Dawn​

I notice one common thread with all of us crafters. Most all of us do more than one craft, and we all love our animals!

Love seeing everyone's work! Very good jobs on all of it.

Quote:
I wish!!! I can't paint worth a dang...so I cheat and decoupage' them. Got all those butterfly pix from piles of old Birds & Blooms magazines.
wink.png

Dawn

I think everyone's work is just so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I used to quilt, I keep thinking I need to get back to it, but I just seem too busy.

We finally figured out what was wrong with the camera and I was finally able to get pix of a few wire wrapped pieces.

A few days ago, I had tried to change out the camera lens, one handed. I couldn't get them changed out but managed to loosen the lens enough that we couldn't get the focus to work. Man, was I glad to figure out what had happened!!!
gig.gif

Some different wraps...

The back-sides of the wraps...

Wire wrapped Buffalo nickel...

The other side...

Will get pix of the outdoor wraps whenever the wind quits trying to blow us away...

Dawn

Glad this thread came back up becasue I meant to comment on some folks talent and then forgot when the thread got buried. Steve your wood work is to die for, wow, gives the yankee workshop guy some competition, and those gourds are super and Dawn the wire wrappings are beautiful...hope I didn't forget anyone becasue I am impressed totally with everything, loL!!

Back
Top Bottom