Crafters unite

brandigirl

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Carlyss, LA
As you all know by now, I don't know much about chickens (but I AM learning). I love crafts and painting. Now I would like to know what YOUR creative or crafty side of life is like.
love.gif

Hi, I do woodburnings. I prefer animals, mostly wildlife, but i'll do most anything I can get a picture of (precious moments for new babies, doves or rings for weddings, poultry, goats etc for awards). I really want to get into doing cabinet doors for a friend who does interior decorating, but i've burned gourds, welcome signs, trinket boxes, pictures, etc. You can see some of it at http://myweb.core.com/photos/[email protected]
It hasn't been updated in over a year, I can only access the net at work and i'm not allowed to upload things here
sad.png

MsMcChick, great pics of your work. I have a friend that wants to do gourds. Would love to see more of your work when you can update your pics.

Good morning Brandigirl.
What a wonderful thread this will be.

My DH says I flit from window to window on the craft thing.

I have a whole room which he built for me for my computer and my hobbys. I have a room full of jewelry making stuff. I made jewelry for a couple of years just because it was fun. Got bored with that and last year I decided I wanted to make a mosaics gazing ball. So I ordered all the glass, spent a fortune in gas running around looking for a free bowling ball, another fortune on tools and still don't have that thing finished.
I made an absolute fantistic spider web last summer with an old whiskey barrel ring, wire, a soldering iron and hours of work. It does not photograph well. I keep trying though because it is absolute wonderful.

So yes, I am like a little bird flitting from window to window.

Yogi is in the process of finishing a 'play room' for me...LOL

The gazing ball sounds really interesting, bet it will be beautiful.

I have a new found interest with altered things. I made an art apron using old overalls. Uh, don't tell Yogi that's why his overalls disappeared.... My art teacher now wants me to make her one also.

I like to do decorated wreaths, I sew all my sons halloween costumes...seems like sewing is one of those dieing arts. I do some painting too, just painted a farm scene on a mail box for my grandmother.

I do many things, embroidery (I am trying to do machine embroidery but am having problems finding the correct program for my machine) sewing, macrame, jewelry, lots of other misc. things.

2dream- try putting something behind it, maybe then the web will show up better in a picture.

Monica

Most of the stuff I do, ends up in my house. I do nursery and toddler bedroom stuff, along with playrooms. The next thing on my list is painting a mural on the kids bedroom walls.

Here is the little rocking chair I made last year for ds's 1st birthday:
SN850138.jpg

Here are the shelves that I made for the boys for Christmas 2006:
January2008080.jpg

I also quilt, knit, crochet, do needlpoint, and make the kids clothes. I always have something that I am working on. Usually too many projects.

Back
Top Bottom