Crafters unite

I draw, paint, make jewelry, and sew. I love crafting
big_smile.png

Oh dear... I dabble at this and dabble at this. Expert at none.
lau.gif
But I do entertain myself. Now that I'm no longer working, maybe I can really get into some things!

My main "thing" has been sewing Renaissance costumes. Both my kids and their spouses are involved in Renaissance groups. I really went out on a limb though and did my daughter's wedding. Frightening!!
2295325584_774637304e_m.jpg

I also did my Grandson's nursery. Probably can't tell from the pic, but his nursery is all little dragons.
2295325580_1f2191d4bd_m.jpg

I made my very first attempt at cake decorating for my daughter's baby shower. Not real professional looking, but not bad for a 1st. I guess.
2295325576_b981b48318_m.jpg

I took a class on stained glass (mosaic) stepping stones. I made the first one for my daughter-in-law (her nickname is Lizard). When I get my place in the country I'd like to make a bunch of them, since I bought the form.
2295325572_2320cc225f_m.jpg

I used to paint, way back in my 20s. When I get my coop built, I'd like to paint some silly chickens all over it. And one day soon I'd like to learn how to quilt.

Lovely sewing and cake, pelican!

You made me remember that I made my own wedding cake!

10.jpg

9.jpg

It was french vanilla with rapsberry filling and french vanilla butter cream icing.

Beautiful works of art from everyone....great talent. MissPrissy I did some cake decorating years ago when my kids were young but nothing close to what you did on your wedding cake. I'm also amazed that you made your own wedding cake!!

Yogi is going to post some of my work but it's no where near as beautiful as the pics I have seen on this post.

Thanks for sharing your work....this is fun to see the talent that surrounds us. Keep posting!!!

Back
Top Bottom