1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Craigslist helpful for supplies

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by s6bee, Jul 13, 2007.

1. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    I am in the beginning stages of building our first chicken coop. This is a family thing but the deal was the kids had to be resourceful and ask around and see if people have stuff lying around that may be suitable. We may have found all of our wood, but I have to say, that I took a look on Craigslist.com and have found almost everything else I need under the "free stuff" pages. I have found 100' ft. of wire fencing, free windows, and free lumbar! You may find just what you are looking for there without spending a ton of money.

Happy building!
    Stephanie [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I love craigslist. They have everything on there. Since my mom did not want to buy the materials for the new coop I may as well go on there and make a 10 x 20 instead of a 6 x 12 coop. Boy will she be mad! :thun [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by