Craigslist rant!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Felicitas, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

I am trying to rehome some of my young cockerels. I've now had three respondees go postal on me in email because they misread the ad. I'm sorry but if I post an ad that says "Free COCKERELS" it is not my fault if someone looks at it and reads "Free PULLETS" instead. Cripes. [​IMG]
    I also had some crazy lady lecture me that my easter eggers should be properly listed as Auracanas. [​IMG]

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:Send her here, we've got a few that would be more than willing to set her strait! [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Send her here, we've got a few that would be more than willing to set her strait! lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. cheapcheaps_girl

cheapcheaps_girl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2008
    Villa Grove IL
    I'm even knowthe difference betweeen them geesh!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Send her here, we've got a few that would be more than willing to set her strait! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I thought about that and I also considered the irony of this know-it-all "expert" trying to set me straight about what kind of chickens I have, without having even seen them, and being 100% wrong in every way!

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Leave it to the wonderful people of Craigslist. [​IMG] Read the post people!!! [​IMG]

I had a similar experience where I CLEARLY listed something more than once on my CL post and the lady that bought it called back and read me the riot act all because she had not clearly read the post. [​IMG]

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I think many people need to slow down and learn how to read. It happens everywhere here lately. People seem to assume things a lot more nowadays. [​IMG]

8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Maybe you should put Cockerels (No They do Not lay Eggs-They are BOYS). And that would help! I hate to say it but not everyone knows as much as you all about Chickens so anything you can add in there to help the uneducated would save on the questions you receive! [​IMG]

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Quote:Happened to me the other day. It was a lady calling about a Craigslist add. Wonder if its the same lady. [​IMG]

10. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Wow. Just saw you are close. It might have been the same lady.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by