~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
No.... it is actually someone else's project I am helping with. I will send you tomorrows egg too.... and anything else I can fit or spare
lol.png
I think I got 4 olive eggers today but no Black Ams.... maybe tomorrow.

yuckyuck.gif
No.... it is actually someone else's project I am helping with. I will send you tomorrows egg too.... and anything else I can fit or spare
lol.png
I think I got 4 olive eggers today but no Black Ams.... maybe tomorrow.
Uh ha, I HAD one of my bators unplugged,
I am really enjoying watching my SBEL mature. One of the roos grew so fast I had moved him to the Bachlor pen and lost track of him for awhile. They are all so good natured, most are a pale lavender with a few black spots. Those Rocks are really growing fast too, They will make a great addition to my meat X pen for next springs meaties.

Oh wait! Did someone say Rocks!!! Are they white... Any Cornish to go with them... I have a customer wanting BOTH so she can breed her own meaties next spring!!!!

I hope they know its not that easy, the Cornish Cross meaties are a bit more complicated than that.

Quote: another good dual purpose cross i discovered, entirely by accident, are my easter egger/dorking crossed birds. they're growing as fast as the EE's, and bigger than their dorking counterparts the same age.

of all things, they're selling faster than my purebred dorking chicks lately. LOL

Last edited:
another good dual purpose cross i discovered, entirely by accident, are my easter egger/dorking crossed birds. they're growing as fast as the EE's, and bigger than their dorking counterparts the same age.

of all things, they're selling faster than my purebred dorking chicks lately. LOL
Hmmmm...may have to order some of these for her.

As for the meaties...what does she need if not the rocks & cornish...

They will make "a" meatie but the hatchery uses very specific lines of the two to make "the" meaties. She will probably not get the extra fast growth from them like the hatchery bird does.

Tyson actually owns the genetics for the true Cornish cross chicks you get from the hatcheries...the hatcheries don't actually breed them themselves, that's why most of them have come up with their own meat bird equivalent that you can also buy from them... :)

Quote: well, i've got 2 of last years' hens, plus 2 pullets that just started laying, so i'll have a colorful assortment from the ee/dorking crosses. if you're interested i can start an auction for 12+ to ship out next monday.

pics of the girls - no idea what colors you'd be likely to get, but the girls are all very colorful, with a silver grey dorking roo.
blue laced pullet

my 'kaleidescope' girl (lots of iridescent blue/green/purple from the black bits on her back)

my brown girl (bright gold streaks on her hackles) with the roo they're all with.

my black & white hen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom