~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

x2 what she said and it takes me a LONG time to cut the bubble wrap, wrap each egg, make the box, prepare the box with more padding, pack the eggs. There is also the time and gas to actually buy the packing material too. I think the price is fair for shipping. Sometime the shipping is more than I charge, sometime not. It all evens out if I charge a flat rate.

x2 what she said and it takes me a LONG time to cut the bubble wrap, wrap each egg, make the box, prepare the box with more padding, pack the eggs.  There is also the time and gas to actually buy the packing material too.  I think the price is fair for shipping.  Sometime the shipping is more than I charge, sometime not.  It all evens out if I charge a flat rate.

I also think a lot of people don't know that if you buy your express postage online it's 1/3 cheaper. If you ship birds a lot this saves a lot of money. I can't stand seeing postage of $50 for 1 Serama 2 states away when I know it's 10-15 for the box and 17 for the postage if they bought it online. That will break a sale for me. I will usually ask the seller for a discount on shipping if we are close in distance. Usually they are happy to do so and make a sale, the money saved. could be used to buy another bird. ;)

I did have 1 person ban me from bidding on their auctions on another site when I asked. They wanted $65 to ship a box of chicks 400 miles. :p. I think not.

USPS postage is tricky and now there are region A B C priority mail Boxes and even my postmaster could not explain them to me but sometimes to some places they are 2-4 cheaper. I use stamps.com it's 15 per month and D/C s are free and you can pull up all your shipping options before you print your label and see which is cheaper. If you ship a lot it's worth it.

Quote: I have never bought birds/chicks to be shipped mostly because of the shipping prices. I don't even look for shipped birds. They have those new machines at the PO and the DC is free if you use them. That helps. I don't have a computer or printer at the farm so online shipping does not work for me yet. SOON but not yet.

I have never bought birds/chicks to be shipped mostly because of the shipping prices.  I don't even look for shipped birds.  They have those new machines at the PO and the DC is free if you use them.  That helps.  I don't have a computer or printer at the farm so online shipping does not work for me yet.  SOON but not yet.

I ship Seramas well because people around here sell them for $5 each. I can make more if I sell them on line and ship them out. I usually use a recycled bird box and charge what I paid for it plus actual postage.

You see a single shipped bird for $50-65 all the time. Today I got shipped to me 2 bird boxes taped together with 8 birds from Colorado to Indiana for $76. It was like x-mas and my birthday all in one I got 4 Seramas and 4 bantam Russian orlaffs.

DMRippy I saw the flock of lav amers and blue barred rocks and I forget what else that hatched from a big box of eggs you sent me in the Spring to hatch for a friend, NICE looking birds!!! I haven't seen them since they hatched I can't beleive how big they are.

There were BO from Arielle, I think and RIR from someone. And some Marans.

I'm going to have to change my shipping to $15 and if it ends up being cheaper I'll refund the money. I just left the post office and I had to pay $17 for shipping when I only charged $9 :/
Try getting your shipping label at http://usps.com/ and save $$$. We save on every shipment. On an Express Mail label this week we saved $20 by printing it at home.

Quote: I had RIR and still have Marans. I love the rocks and lavs. My lav pens are now FULL of nice splits covered by a Lav roo... they are so pretty. I saw one of my lav pullets in the nest box working hard on her first EGG today.
clap.gif
maybe her sister will kick in soon too.

I had RIR and still have Marans.  I love the rocks and lavs.  My lav pens are now FULL of nice splits covered by a Lav roo... they are so pretty.  I saw one of my lav pullets in the nest box working hard on her first EGG today.  :clap maybe her sister will kick in soon too.

Mine,mine,mine, I mean can you please let me know when you have some eggs or sale!!

Quote: The Wheatens have quit so maybe the Lavs will kick in. LOL. If they all start laying I will have LOST of eggs. I think I have 6 or 7 splits and 3 Lavs... so far. I have some lavs growing up too. I have been busy hatching EVERYTHING. I have only saved the Lavs since my first few hatches.

I have 50 JB quail eggs up for BIN. I'm asking $30 including shipping. These are ready to go in the mail. I'm done hatching quail for the year so anybody wanting any eggs PM me.
This is just a few of them. I keep mine in cages up off the ground. I collect eggs 3 times a day now and keep them in a cool room in egg flats. They will be shipped in egg flats and wrapped with bubble wrap. Shipped priority with a DC#

I have 50 JB quail eggs up for BIN. I'm asking $30 including shipping. These are ready to go in the mail. I'm done hatching quail for the year so anybody wanting any eggs PM me.
This is just a few of them. I keep mine in cages up off the ground. I collect eggs 3 times a day now and keep them in a cool room in egg flats. They will be shipped in egg flats and wrapped with bubble wrap. Shipped priority with a DC#

how large are your jumbos? live weight or dressed. i've got some jumbo cross eggs in the hatcher from my own birds, but had some issues with hens killing roosters, so i just set what eggs i had and put everyone inthe freezer. so i know how large my crossed ones were at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom