Crazy Colored Chicken

I think its a dude
cool.png
I had a silkie that was a she for 10 months. in one week he grew a comb and started crowing

The third photo sure looks like saddle feathers coming in to me. My bet is on it being a cockerel. Not sure what the stakes are up to, but I have enough extra project cockerels to cover alot of the action.

Last edited:
I sure wont bet against all of you, lol...I was told you look at the hackle feathers, and if they come to a point its a roo, if they are rounded its a pullet....dont remember who told me that but at the time thats what I went by when buying them...if they are both roos I am gonna be PIZZED

Yep its the saddle and hackle feathers that are going to be your best indicators( they are pointed on both of yours) and those huge combs at that age, and dont be fooled by tail feathers, your last pic has rounded tail feathers like a pullet still but he will grow the pointed ones out soon, and sometimes you can have a pullet with pointed tail feathers that start to curve a bit so I have found out that tail feathers are liers when it comes to sexing young birds.

Back
Top Bottom