Crazy gun toting neighbour and his dogs

It's simple. Really it is. He is responsible for his dogs. PERIOD. His dogs come on to my property and injure or kill livestock or my dogs, that cost me money. Vet bills, replacing critters, ECT. Not to mention the emotional distress I have to go through if my dogs were injured or killed.

If he refused to pay for my losses, and he continued to let his dogs run, he'd be loosing dogs at a rapid rate. Wouldn't be the first time...

I'd rather take his dogs out before they escalate and attack a person.
He is responsible for them. And they shouldn’t have to pay for that with their lives.

He is responsible for them. And they shouldn’t have to pay for that with their lives.
I agree and it’s sad but at the same time.... the OP shouldn’t have to live in fear or allow the dogs to attack his livestock, himself, or his child because “it’s not their fault.” How is that fair???

But others livestock has to sacrifice their lives?

Nope. Dogs loose.
Exactly. Like yeah, it’s not their fault and I honestly personally probably wouldn’t shoot them most likely but I also wouldn’t just let them do whatever just because they have a bad owner. They’re still dangerous.

I’d probably pepper spray them or something first and/or call animal control to take them. Or I’d catch them myself maybe and take them to the pound.

All that said, if I had no choice and the dogs were actively attacking or maiming my kid or something, I’m not just gonna let that happen. I’d probably shoot them if it was the only option.

Not sure if I would for livestock or not and maybe not at all if I had other options, but I’m not gonna let somebody get maimed cause the dogs are supposedly innocent. They’re no longer innocent when they start attacking. They are an animal just like anything else.

Exactly. Like yeah, it’s not their fault and I honestly personally probably wouldn’t shoot them most likely but I also wouldn’t just let them do whatever just because they have a bad owner. They’re still dangerous.

I’d probably pepper spray them or something first and/or call animal control to take them. Or I’d catch them myself maybe and take them to the pound.

All that said, if I had no choice and the dogs were actively attacking or maiming my kid or something, I’m not just gonna let that happen. I’d probably shoot them if it was the only option.

Not sure if I would for livestock or not and maybe not at all if I had other options, but I’m not gonna let somebody get maimed cause the dogs are supposedly innocent. They’re no longer innocent when they start attacking. They are an animal just like anything else.
I guess I do agree...but I would not shoot them. I would rather capture them and take them to animal control. :)

I guess I do agree...but I would not shoot them. I would rather capture them and take them to animal control. :)
Yeah, I would too!! And I don’t even own a gun so shooting isn’t really even an option for me anyway but I’m talking if there’s no other options. If they’re actively attacking me or my kid (if I had any), I’m not just gonna let them or try to catch them?? I’m gonna focus on getting them off. Now, for me, personally, that probably wouldn’t involve a gun because I don’t own one & don’t like shooting things, but I also don’t blame someone if they choose to do that. Yeah it’s not the dogs fault and it’s awful but if they’re a danger or attacking, people have to protect themselves. If they’re not, then yeah, I’d try catching them. If they are, I’d probably pepper spray them or shoot the air/ground to scare them or shoot their leg or something rather than killing them but still.

If you have ever witnessed a large unruly dog attacking a helpless smaller dog that didn't have a bad bone in it's body, or a farm animal it's something you'll never soon forget.
I would never just shoot a dog just because. But if I see one attacking my pets or livestock, it's going to loose.

I'll interject something here; If these dogs are aggressive, who wants to walk up to each one and leash it? And then load it up and take it to AC? Volunteers?
The OP asked for ideas, and plenty have been offered, and I hope something positive can happen there, before more critters OR CHILDREN are injured!
Mary

If you have ever witnessed a large unruly dog attacking a helpless smaller dog that didn't have a bad bone in it's body, or a farm animal it's something you'll never soon forget.
I would never just shoot a dog just because. But if I see one attacking my pets or livestock, it's going to loose.
Yeah, I totally understand that!!! That must be awful to witness. :(

Personally for me I don’t own a gun and it’d be illegal to shoot it here anyway (too close to the neighbors) so I have to rely on other methods but I don’t blame you or anyone else at all for choosing to shoot them!

I'll interject something here; If these dogs are aggressive, who wants to walk up to each one and leash it? And then load it up and take it to AC? Volunteers?
The OP asked for ideas, and plenty have been offered, and I hope something positive can happen there, before more critters OR CHILDREN are injured!
Mary
Exactly! I doubt they’d be easy to catch. Maybe one of those hav-a-hart type traps rather than a leash but I bet the dogs are too smart for that.

Back
Top Bottom