Crazy Neighbor

Get yourself an attorney to file a "Peace-Bond" against this "Crazy Neighbor".

(You need to speak in a language that this "idiot" will understand.)

just a thought,
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

P.S. IF he is trying to "set-you-up" for a lawsuit...this will make him think twice. (and provide YOU with some basis for defense.)
P.P.S. I am NOT an attorney. Ask your OWN lawyer. ( THIS, of course, requires that the area you live in does not have any prohibitions against chickens, etc.)

Quote:
Up to 45 now...lol

I swear I can not go into Brown's with out leaving with a darn chicken. (picked up two babies today) All mine but the original 8 (out of 12), came from there!

Made myself a promise, I am stopping at 50. But they have helped me so much to heal from the grief of losing both my parents with in almost 5 months of each other this year.

King Nanner is a hoot. He is half the size of 3 of the roos, but yet he rules them all.

Your crazy neighbor needs to be thankful he lives near you and not me. Mine free range, and I have a redneck chicken pen. I have 5 crowing roosters, 2 in training, and probably 2 more in the babies. I have a Catahoula that barks at any that moves, and a Retriever who sleeps most the day. THEN we have two travel trailers (one is 40 feet) a sailboat which has not seen water since 2003, two huge utility trailers, an Explorer, a f150, a f350 and a huge monster of a cargo van all parked on our 5 acres......Just wait till spring, and the goats arrive
smile.png

Crickett
I love ya. He is lucky.
Did you read my earlier post where Brian offered to lend me/sell me the roosters that crow long and loud (forgot what they are called)
I haven't bought any more chickens because I'm not ready to face the learning curve of introducing new birds and I love my rooster. I wouldn't want an interloper upsetting him plus if it didn't work out I'd have to rehome the other roosters.
Maybe next year. But 50? How do you get to know so many?

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Oh for real... YES!!!

I live in a 'rural' sub neighborhood too... I am not the only one with chickens here, and I even have a neighbor w/ 3 horses... and another neighbor with 4 cows & a bull.

Each home sits on 1 acre to 5 acres each. And we all know the drill... no restrictions... no complaining... We even have like 3-4 dogs that just run the neighborhood and bark all night. Nothing I can do about it, but I've warned the owner "one dog + my chickens = shot gun". They have been warned!
wink.png

Personally... If I were you... I'd get more roosters just for the shear fun of it.
roll.png

Quote:
I have no clue what sort of rooster that would be. I know that at the moment either Nanner or Romeo start crowing first, then the other three chime in as the first crow is fininshing up.....lol so it is like one looooooooooooong crow
smile.png
OOOO and Brian's hair is now PURPLE.

I normally have not had big issues about introducing new chickens.... but Romeo and his two girls (that sizzle thing... frizzled cochin + silkie, and the silkie + ?, that was at brown's) are so much smaller than the rest of the yard birds, that I have not let them out yet. Then I have still inside all the 1st batch of babies I bought in October (1 EE roo, 1 EE pullet, 1 rir/production red pullet, the 2 cochins and the houdan, and polish thing) PLUS I have 6 EE (suppose to be girls) that are about 3 weeks old now, then I went in yesterday and Linda gave me a special needs chick (if it lives, I'll be surprised, poor thing was born with one eye and a horribly crossed beak), and I picked up a baby silkie ( my luck will be it is a roo...lol)

Chuck (my other half) can not tell one bird from another, except for the naked neck (who I just call "the Turken") and Nanner. To him, "they all look the same"....chickens. But since I am around them so much, I have learned each has a very unique personality, that even if they were the same breed, I think I'd know who is who. I bought all different breeds and colors just to make it "look pretty".

I have sat out there for HOURS at a time. It's a way that I "talk" to my Dad. So it's me and the chickens having coffee, watching the sun rise or set. Me, watching them, and remembering all the hilarious stories Dad would tell of his childhood form the 30's and 40's with the chickens, and the cow Sukie, that his family had. Me, remembering how appalled my mother would be at the sight of one chicken, let alone close to 50. Me, trying to give my own grown children a funny memory of their mom and her stupid chickens
smile.png

I never in a billion years, would have thought when we moved here in July, that a bunch of chickens would have been the trigger to help me in my grieving, but the darn things have. I have most of my friends, who I have kept up with through face book, hooked on them as well.

I am lucky that I don't have neighbors so close, and those on either side of me have been really understanding. The chickens don't bother them at the moment. Now the three stooges, the Guinea Hens (Judi, Judi, and Judi) are a tad bit more noisy, but I bought them as "chicken body guards"
smile.png

Quote:
LOL..... One day I am going to have to find me one of those boys! It would not be the neighbors that go crazy, but my normally patient and understanding other half! I think THAT would drive him over the edge, for sure!.......

Back
Top Bottom