Crazy Neighbor

A fence on your lawyer neighbors side is best once you have a survey.We did a whole property fence,but a neighbor a few doors down just did a line of wood fence to block out the sight of their neighbor.A fence and a secure run is a start. The neighbor WILL try to find ways to get you in legal trouble,and you will spend thousands defending yourself in court even if you are within the laws.Don't let him get you to that point.Some lawyers have plenty of money and time to blow in court proceedings.Even if he loses in court you will be out time and money you can not afford.

welcome-byc.gif

hugs.gif
stay strong for your chickens, don't let this miserable jerk intimidate you. as long as you keep your chickens on your property he can't say anything. i agree with everyone's privacy fence suggestions, not to make the neighbor happy, but to keep you from having to look as his sourpuss!
lau.gif

Quote:
This whole story just made me lol.

Anyway, op, good plan to keep the chickens on your property and if you can, get a fence. Let him blow hard. I think him telling you he'll sue for lower property values is just a smoke screen. That would be hard to prove, plus it's clearly not true over a few chickens in a rural area. Sure he could go ahead and sue you for spike, but I think he's just blowing smoke in an effort to intimidate you.

Quote:
And since he is an attorney, he can represent himself, saving his attorney fees, or at least the outlay. Should he sue, be sure to counter sue for all your own costs.

I appreciate all the input. I have spent over $500 on fencing that I keep adding to. I have followed many of the suggestions already and have a large chicken run now that the chickens should not be able to get over since their wings are clipped. They only go outside it when I can watch them. A privacy fence would really tick him off because it would be 10 feet from his house and be an eyesore.
BTW we are here in beautiful Blue Ridge GA--just as someone noted it's not uncommon for these complaints. All the locals and authorities laugh about him. I've had someone offer to lend me special howling roosters. We thought we would form the rooster Tabernacle Choir. As noted before, the rooster rarely crows.
Today's complaint from him is the smell. He is hallucinating because there isn't even a smell in the coop. I am meticulous. His house is 100 feet away from us.
One final note here that's funny. He has actually done me a little favor because I never wanted to get the wings clipped. Now when I "put the chickens to bed" at night they are already on the roost in the coop instead of on top of the coop.
I am so glad to have found other chicken fanciers who are as soppy about their chickens as we are. I don't feel so odd.

A fence does not have to be ugly to be effective at screening your view of him (or we could say his view of your yard). Consider planting windbreak shrubbery between your yard and his to block his view.

Quote:
Wow, you're my neighbor! I'm in Mineral Bluff. PM me the sucker's name and see if I know him. Wait, did I run into you in Brown's Feed? Some lady was talking about a lawyer neighbor in there one time a few months ago. Maybe we met!

Quote:
Wow, you're my neighbor! I'm in Mineral Bluff. PM me the sucker's name and see if I know him. Wait, did I run into you in Brown's Feed? Some lady was talking about a lawyer neighbor in there one time a few months ago. Maybe we met!

That would be too funny! Small world!

OP I hope the nut stops harassing you!

Speckledhen. That was me!! Brian at Brown's feed offered me the howling roosters. You probably don't know the neighbor as he lives in Atlanta. This has been going on too long. The guy keeps referring to all these friends of his who visit him and agree about the smell etc etc. I have never seen anyone else at his house but him. You can understand why. I must say though that he is a sad person if this is the biggest problem in his life. He was up here 2 days in the past month and our houses are very humble places.
Hope I run into you again.

Back
Top Bottom