CRAZY water slurping- spitting Runners!

I just took away the shavings from around the water. Watch out, they throw up on you too!
old.gif

Thanks for the warning about not brooding them with chicks. I have them in with chicks. Today I'm taking them out and putting them in a rubbermaid container.

Thanks a bunch!

I have a few pictures of how I set up my runners. I had to bring them in the house since I really didn't want to set up my brooder box. Big mistake........ lol. It was still fun though. I used towels since that was the easiest clean up. Just had to roll up the towels every morning and bring them outside and hose them down before putting them in the washer. Brought the birds outside during the day so they could swim. Started off with a small pan then into a kiddie pool. Here is my water and feed set up. I would think you could put a pan under the food as well. I didn't have enough room in the cage.

45848_5-22-10_2.jpg

45848_5-22-10_3.jpg

45848_dsc00039.jpg

Glad I could help. They have outgrown the cage and are now in there pen as of yesterday. Broke my heart. I got them into there coop and closed the door and they just cried (ok, made a lot of noise) for a long time. They were so scared. This morning I openned the door and they ran to the far corner terrified. Finally they realized who I was, recognized the pool and they all fell out of the coop just to get to there safe area. Poor ducks. They are doing much better now. I made a new feeder for them today. I have to set up a new waterer for them as well. I won't have to worry about the mess as much now. I do need to get updated pictures. They just grow so fast!!!

Back
Top Bottom