CRD? Or a less serious disease

Jaimes09

Songster
Sep 6, 2021
I have a 2 stags and 2 pullets about 4 months old, one stag being about a month younger. They have all been health up until june 1st where I noticed i had one of the pullets sneezing. Didn’t think much of it till i seen mucus under her nostril. Shortly after it sounded like the younger shaped stag was sneezing sometimes to without mucus. The other stag seems to have nothing going on. And the second pullet only sneeze’s sometimes but no mucus. They’re all placed in the same pen and free ranged as much as possible so transmission to my other flock has already happened. I got one older hen which I’ve heard sneeze sometimes but no mucus. Another rooster that has sneezed a bit but haven’t heard him do it other than that one day. It’s June 22 and still same symptoms. Im supposed to be receiving my package of vetrx this weekend but a friend of mine is wanting to give me a rooster and some chicks later this week. So not sure what to do. If it’s CRD I’d like to get rid of the whole flock and start over as i would like to sell some in the future so wouldn’t want that going around.

The whole flock including the 4 chicks are eating super well and are super active other than the usual cooling off under trees time.

But do you guy’s think its crd or maybe something less serious that isn’t going away since I haven’t given to much meds and with this 90F degree weather.

It could be something in the environment causing the symptoms you're seeing rather than a respiratory disease. CRD (MG) presents alot more symptoms than you're observing.
Environmental examples: Dust from dust bathing, inhalation of feed dust, ammonia fumes from soiled bedding, improper ventilation, pollen, pesticide use etc. These issues can be corrected or eliminated.
I wish we had 90F degree weather. That would be cool temps for us!

If you're still not sure, you can contact your local extension office or college veterinary school and find out how to get bloodwork done and tested for MG & IB (Infectious Bronchitis) and/or other possible respiratory diseases

It could be something in the environment causing the symptoms you're seeing rather than a respiratory disease. CRD (MG) presents alot more symptoms than you're observing.
Environmental examples: Dust from dust bathing, inhalation of feed dust, ammonia fumes from soiled bedding, improper ventilation, pollen, pesticide use etc. These issues can be corrected or eliminated.
I wish we had 90F degree weather. That would be cool temps for us!

If you're still not sure, you can contact your local extension office or college veterinary school and find out how to get bloodwork done and tested for MG & IB (Infectious Bronchitis) and/or other possible respiratory diseases
I’ve been looking around but can’t seem to find a vet that does poultry check ups. I’ll keep looking today but hopefully i get them cured soon. You know how to use vetrx? I need some tips so when it comes in i have some idea of how to use it

Vet rx has nothing but herbal oils and camphor, and does not cure a respiratory disease. It sounds more like an environmental issue or a virus such as infectious bronchitis at this time. Antibiotics will not help with viruses.

Vet rx has nothing but herbal oils and camphor, and does not cure a respiratory disease. It sounds more like an environmental issue or a virus such as infectious bronchitis at this time. Antibiotics will not help with viruses.
Anything you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom