1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cream brabanters

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by milliefleur, Aug 28, 2011.

1. milliefleur

milliefleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Danville PA
    i got some really cool looking and beautiful bird this week at a sale i thought i would show everyone they were born in the spring. plus i was also wondering is there any way to tell if they are bantams or standards? they are cream brabanders they are a really neat looking bird going to start breeding them. also i have polish crosses 1 roo and 2 hens if anyone is interested.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Very nice. Brabanters should be bearded so I would cull the non-bearded hen. Your only rooster seems to be non-bearded so you will have to breed with him and cull the non-bearded from there. Roosters should have a comb with 2 V-shaped horns so look for that as well when culling. They seem to have nice crests though which is a real plus.

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    They look like Gold Brabanters to me.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    They look more Gold than Cream.

If there is another project you can do, to make some Golden Spangled Spitzhaubens, the beardless ones can go into the Spitzhauben pen however the beards can pop up now and then. At any rate, cull as hard as you can with the polish mop head crests, beardless, not certain color or poorly spangled or laced patterns.

There is a Spitzhauben/Brabanter thread somewhere on here. There you will find numberous pictures on there that would give you a good example what the breed should look like.

5. showmesilkies

showmesilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Central Missouri
    My Coop
    Love my cream/creme Brabanters. If anyone is looking for hatching eggs give me a shout.

6. PotatoChicken

PotatoChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Idaho
    I want some Brabanter eggs!!! How much?
    -Potato[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by