Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

I read the first 20 or so pages of this thread, but I dn't have time to read anymore as I have to get ready for work. But I have been thinking lately of trying to create a bearded, pea combed, Crested Cream Legbar. I absolutely love the creole color and pattern, but don't like big floppy combs. I also like big crests and beards. So I was originally thinking about having a flock of Ameracauna and Crested Cream Legbar. My reseaching is what brought me to this thread. As I was reading and looking at some of the pictures, I was thinking about throwing a Polish into the mix to enhance the crest. I love some of the patterns the Golden Laced Wyandotte and Cochin crosses made, so I was thinking maybe a GLPolish for the crest and golden lacing. That's about as far as I've gotten. This chicken genetics has me so confused. I used to breed Cockatiels and their genetics were to much easier to learn. They only had to deal with feather color, not combs or egg color.

So I'm wondering what color Ameracauna I should use. ( I would use EE, but the blood lines are so mixed up, I want to know exactly what I'm working with.) I like the golds and the reds, not so much the silvers. Feathered legs crossed my mind briefly, but I don't want to introduce brown egg gene into the mix.

Any thoughts or ideas here? I don't have any of these birds yet, but I was thinking of getting some hatching eggs of the breeds I'm going to use for this project.

Quote:
fo a Crested Bearded blue egg layer, you dont need a Cream legbar.. Golden Laced Polish mated to a Brown Red Ameraucana (ER birchen at the e locus like Golden Laced Poslish) would do just fine..

Quote: I was reading flyingmonkeypoop's thread about his project and I had asked about chicks or eggs, but never got a response. I prefer the pea comb over the rose comb anyway. Maybe I'll just do some more researching and find out if there's a way to to create a creole, bearded, crested, pea combed, blue egg laying bird. I'm sure I'll eventually be able to figure it out.

I was reading flyingmonkeypoop's thread about his project and I had asked about chicks or eggs, but never got a response. I prefer the pea comb over the rose comb anyway. Maybe I'll just do some more researching and find out if there's a way to to create a creole, bearded, crested, pea combed, blue egg laying bird. I'm sure I'll eventually be able to figure it out.
Talk to Jerry on the ameraucana thread

Talk to Jerry on the ameraucana thread

I am on here also. You could use a red EE rooster over cuckoo polish hen. That would give you a single barred creole rooster with crest. Put one of those back over the brown EE hens. Third generation mate siblings that are creole together. Pick your next generation from those
You could also use a cream legbar cock over brown EE hens and put the siblings together.

Last edited:
I was reading flyingmonkeypoop's thread about his project and I had asked about chicks or eggs, but never got a response. I prefer the pea comb over the rose comb anyway. Maybe I'll just do some more researching and find out if there's a way to to create a creole, bearded, crested, pea combed, blue egg laying bird. I'm sure I'll eventually be able to figure it out.
OR... you could use existing Crele Pattern Polish rooster with Ameraucana pullet..

the chicks are Autosexable too...

Am I to late???

Here are my 3 day old crele polish chicks
big_smile.png

61403_new_pics_of_chicks_006.jpg

Does my butt look big in this fluff

61403_new_pics_of_chicks_013.jpg

http://chickenchapel.blogspot.com/2012/02/bird-of-day-polish-crele.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom