Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Hi, Ron! I don't know. They look mottled to me.
lol.png
I do know that all of my PP/CL crosses are not mottled or painted. Some are solid black at this point with a little bit of white and others are black with some brown showing on their wing feathers. My PP/splash Langshan crosses however are blue and some look mottled. I need to take some new pics of all of them.
The descriptions I have read about the Pita Pintas said they were a unique genetics for the coloring which is why I asked. I do not know if we have information on them.

Speaking about the Langshans, now that you said they hatch oddly, I of course want to hatch some. I bet Jeremy would love that too. He still talks about them.

He was calling them Leprechaun chickens....

The descriptions I have read about the Pita Pintas said they were a unique genetics for the coloring which is why I asked. I do not know if we have information on them.

Speaking about the Langshans, now that you said they hatch oddly, I of course want to hatch some. I bet Jeremy would love that too. He still talks about them.

He was calling them Leprechaun chickens....
yuckyuck.gif
The mixes PP/Langshan mixes hatch like gangbusters just like the PP/CL mixes. My Langshans from Skyline and Pawhead hatch well, too, and feather out quickly. My newest line is the one that hatches with difficulty and is very slow to develop. The Langshan eggs that are due to hatch on Sat are from a third source so we'll see how well they do.

There is nothing Magic about Pita Pintas, they are Extended black birds with Recessive Mottling, and thats that... they follow Mendelian genetics

Took some more pictures of the Pita Pintas today!

everemub.jpg

e4yrasu2.jpg

atynagu2.jpg

mytatygy.jpg

Pita Pintas are the ones with two colors of leg scales, right?
Nicalandia, is that from the mottling gene? Is there an interaction with whatever genes determine leg color?

Quote: Thanks as usual! So I got it messed up? I thought she told me girls have darker legs?

Also is she correct with the white large dot on the head is male just like the ccl chicks? I pray it isnt so, because most of the chicks I hatched yesterday for a friend have dots but it would make sense <ughhhhhh>

I wasnt sure to tell her to breed her hens back with the ccl or not. She is in love with this guy so I think he wont end up on the table any time soon lol.
I will tell her to sign up on here.

I ran down to take pics of yesterday and last nights/morning hatch (sorry they are still a tad wet!)
pics are of the BR and light brahma mixes and I do have a few pures in there, but only one female out of the bunch
he.gif

These are the CCL mix (the light brahma mix simply looks like a mutt, no specific coloring or anything)

only one female on the other side thats pure.... she is still drying.

note legs on left?

same birds left is dark legs so if the spot tells males she is correct with the legs on these mutts.

light brahma x ccl

UPDATE: so far every chick that hatched.... boys have a big white dot girls smaller, but what tells them apart is the legs, the females always have black splotchy legs.

UPDATE images from my friend who is raising the offspring from our CCLXBR she must love roosters because thats all she keeps sending me! I asked to see the girls and to let me see eggs, she should have some soon is my guess!

young cockerels she is growing out for meaties, seems alot of my chicks are BOYS!
I will add that I would love to see a really good quality BR that is bred with a CCL as my BR arent even close to SQ so where do I get two chicks LOL

Back
Top Bottom