Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
The guide to chicks down color in the English Standard is listed below.

GOOD MARKINGS ARE 1) Broad and very dark stripes on pullets the sharper the contrast of the stripes the better. The head spot on the females is something that has been debated. Some females do have it by most don't. 2) The down will be paler than if it were a pullet, but because we get a large range of shades this ground color can't be used by itself. The head spot on the cockerel while note listed in the English SOP is what is most usefully for sexing the cockerels. It will be break of the stripes on the head and should be very large and easy to see,

There's always one hen who has to be in on everything
She must be supervising!
gig.gif

Any ideas on what might be the problem with my roosters comb?? He is the only rooster i have so rules out fighting and it is not cold in Arkansas right now so no frostbite. We just got him last Sunday and the guy i got him and the 2 hens from had to catch them with a fish net. Could it be bruising?

As long as it's not frostbite, I say work a little petroleum jelly into it and give it a little time. I'm gonna agree with you on the bruising.

Hopefully that is it -- keep us updated. Good luck with it.

another idea I think it also possibly could be a case of lower circulation which could come from a LOT of causes and could 'come and go' -- I have had some of mine with darker tips from time to time - that doesn't seem weather related - and it has gone away.

Back
Top Bottom