Cream Legbar rooster????

LeeWest

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 4, 2011
I am looking to purchase an outside Legbar rooster. I stumbled across this ad on Craigslist. Here are the pictures of the Cream Legbar roosters they have for sale. I am pretty certain they are not Legbars. What do you think????

Good lordy, not even close! Run as far as you can from that ad.
x2
Here is a Cream Legbar.
CreamLegbarRoo2.JPEG

Just saw this thread -- and I realize that it is old. for the record - I need to say that Cream Legbar #2 above is a nice example of a Cream Legbar. The males go through a lot of color/plumage changes as they mature -- and the #2 above would have probably grown into a very nice CL cockerel.

You can see both have crests and upright combs, yellow legs and beaks. The number 1 looks more like it is missing one of the required 'barring' genes that Cream Legbar males have -- or else the expression of the second barring gene is very weak. #1 looks more like a silver-duck-wing with very slight barring.

ETA - the feathersite photo above is a nice example of a mature CL -- and little #2 above could have grown up to look very similar. If you go to the Cream Legbar Website - you can see some photo essays of people who took monthly pictures of their chicks as they grew. On the left navigation bar it is #12. HTH

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom