Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Pics
Quote: I talked to Jenny on Wednesday and asked about them, and she said that about 75% of the hatches now will be the new line.

Maybe if you tell her you are a regional director she will make sure you get them.
big_smile.png

I talked to Jenny on Wednesday and asked about them, and she said that about 75% of the hatches now will be the new line.

Maybe if you tell her you are a regional director she will make sure you get them.
big_smile.png

Good to know!

I actually emailed her yesterday just to double-check that my order was good to go. I might have mentioned my affiliation with the club. Just maybe.
big_smile.png

Added - Tadkerson had mentioned to me that (this would be the opposite side of the coin in the facebook discussion) selection of females with paler salmon my lead to lighter offspring - if my memory serves about that message.
this is correct. Rich salmon colored females will give you rich colored males with too much chestnutt on the "Cream" shoulders

check both females, they have pale salmon breast and pale(like found on silver legbar) females, this hens will give you nice light colored males.

GFF is also doing their effort to try to breed more silverish cream(silver body cream hackles) hens

source http://greenfirefarms.com/2012/11/2013-cream-legbar-breeders/

Last edited:
For every one that is still confused as to what your birds should look like and for British standards here are a couple good links.
https://sites.google.com/site/creamlegbarsonline/home
nice. this will help me explain things a little bit..

Why Cream Crele(homozygous for cream the the barring gene ig/ig B/B) should look nearly silver? Simple. two doses of the Barring gene will Turn any none red enhanced light brown male into a Cream colored bird all by itself.. now adding the powerful pheomelanin diluter ig/ig to the mix will only fade this birds to be nearly silver looking, this goes for the females aswell.

Correct colored Males are genetically s+/s+ B/B ig/ig without any type of red enhancers thats why they look nearly silver.(going by source https://sites.google.com/site/creamlegbarsonline/home)

but you will say Oh no that cant be true. my birds look Way different...! why? well thats a debate we(Me and Tim adkerson) have going on on this subject. Are the American Cream Legbar Red ENHANCED? I say no Doubt about it..

how do we know that? well lets look at a reference bird. lets take a look at the light brown dutch bantam. second only to the Red Jungle Fowl on its wild genes nature. this birds(I will be using Mr. Henk´s birds for reference) are not Red enhanced at all so a double dose of barring should turn them into Cream crele looking birds all by them self(cream not silver)

Here Mr. Henk double dose(B/B) none red enhanced gold bird s+/s+ lacking cream also so not cream. see how diluted it looks all by itself.. take a deep look at his saddle feathers

now lets take a look at Green Fire Farms 2012 and 2013 stock

2013 stock, still has some red enhancers on him, check his saddle feathers.

2012 Stock. now this is just Bad, too red enhanced(compared to the none cream crele Dutch bantam belonging to Henk)

Now to the Females.

Quote:
how can alot of hens like the one above look like that if they have the Barring gene AND the Cream gene? Red Enhancers Tim...RED ENHANCERS(or lack of cream, but I wont go into that)

how can we know that? well lets take a look at Henk´s Crele Dutch hens, which lack cream, BUT lack the red enhancers found on other birds.

oh but they look kind of cream on the hackle! you can thank Barring for that...ChicKat take a close look at their breat, see how pale they look? no red enhancers...unlike the above hen´s enhanced salmon breast

how to go about getting rid of Red enhancers? stop breeding red enhanced birds with more red enhanced birds..

if you want leghorn type why not cross to Silver Leghorns?

how would a Cream Legbar male to a Silver Leghorn female look like?

Golden Crele, Male´s genotype would be e+/e+ B/b+ for males and S/s+(golden) Ig+/ig+(none cream but with one copy of it)..
gold Females genotype would be e+/e+ B/-(hens can only have one copy of barring) s+/(hens can only have one copy of the S locus and they will get their s+ from dad)

be in the look out for Rich colored shoulders males(Culling the ones with too rich of red shoulders, and keeping the ones with less red shoulders) AND gold females with pale salmon breast. so you would have to hatch quite a few of them.

Golden Crele male(with one copy of the barring gene) but with red enhanced shoulders

golden crele male with less red enhaced shoulders(keepers)

For females be in the look out for pale breasted hens(Henk crele hen, no cream)

if y'all dont believe me P.M Henk and ask them about his Crele Dutch bantams and their "Wild" genetic nature

HI....

Nicalandia... I just love this stuff :) thank you so much

Keith
SC
USA
I cant help it rc50. I have genes and numbers floating on my head, they are like textured colors to me. its weird.. they were begging to come out..
lol.png

guys I´ll be out for a few days, maybe a week, just P.M me and place the questions here also, I will try to answer them..

I have genes and numbers floating on my head, they are like textured colors to me. its weird.. they were begging to come out..
I am the same way. Like tonight as I was driving home, I had been thinking about a breeding project absent mindedly for the last week or so and not putting thought into it. Well, on my way home I had the radio off and it finally came to me on how I could do it so I had to pull over, write it down, and message myself about it. Now I am here figuring it all out when I should be sleeping.. It almost is related to legbars but I just had to quote you on this.

Also, just curious if you saw that cream dilute hen one of my friends posted on facebook that I tagged you in a comment in on facebook?

Back
Top Bottom