Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Pics
Omaeve, I think Lonnyandrinda is going to do the membership. Is there anything else you might want to be involved with? I know you have expressed interest from the beginning! BYC is as fine a place as any to get going! We still haven't had any BYC give official feedback on the use of content that may be used at an American Cream Legbar (is this the suggested name? does it need to be American, just asking?) site. File storage on BYC. Are we all good knowing files are elsewhere? GaryDean26 keep us in the loop on where and links.

Usually....American is only used when the birds here are different than the birds in the country of origin.

Walt

As far as the tail angle goes, it is something that I always spot, one of my 'things' that gets me when I see birds with the wrong tail angle. My rooster normally has about a 35* tail angle when he is calm and walking around but when he is alert and nervous about people being out there, he gets a squirrel tail. My hens tail is higher (closer to 60*) but it is something to work on, not change the standard about. If you know what you're doing, it can be easy as heck to breed a normal tail.
The way that I look at the color of them is if you take the color of a cream light brown Dutch bantam and just apply barring over that. That is what I picture when I think of the color. The hens are easier to picture that way, the roosters have more barring so it can muddy the look. But for the standard, the color usage of the cream light brown color might make it easier as far as wording, just a thought...

The way that I look at the color of them is if you take the color of a cream light brown Dutch bantam and just apply barring over that. That is what I picture when I think of the color. The hens are easier to picture that way, the roosters have more barring so it can muddy the look. But for the standard, the color usage of the cream light brown color might make it easier as far as wording, just a thought...
Is there a color card that shows the "cream light brown Dutch bantam" color? I know all screens are different, but a virtual or even 3" x 5" flip card system may be a huge help for all of the colors we've been talking about (feathering, eggs, etc).

http://blue-eggs.co.uk/#/legbar-history/4554275782

I found this website that may help with the history and also color issues. These roosters look totally different than the ones I've seen, but I don't care for the color as much.
I think Ice should be on the Logo myself.
big_smile.png
He is absolutely beautiful!

I had a young trio that I hatched from CJWaldon, but I gave them to a friend because some of my flock got a respiratory illness. I didn't want to take a chance on passing it on further, so I gave her my entire flock. She is waiting for the test results to come back before we hatch anything from any of those birds. They are not laying quite yet. I do have 12 eggs in the incubator from Madamwlf and CJWaldon that are going strong, so I am getting my flock started back up again. They have quickly become one of my three favorite breeds for their friendliness as well as their beauty.

No problem I will offer my services as instigator (plural
instigators)
1.A person who
intentionally incites or
starts something,
especially one that starts
trouble.

Omaeve, I think Lonnyandrinda is going to do the membership. Is there anything else you might want to be involved with? I know you have expressed interest from the beginning! BYC is as fine a place as any to get going! We still haven't had any BYC give official feedback on the use of content that may be used at an American Cream Legbar (is this the suggested name? does it need to be American, just asking?) site. File storage on BYC. Are we all good knowing files are elsewhere? GaryDean26 keep us in the loop on where and links.

Quote:

I found this website that may help with the history and also color issues. These roosters look totally different than the ones I've seen, but I don't care for the color as much.
big_smile.png

I had a young trio that I hatched from CJWaldon, but I gave them to a friend because some of my flock got a respiratory illness. I didn't want to take a chance on passing it on further, so I gave her my entire flock. She is waiting for the test results to come back before we hatch anything from any of those birds. They are not laying quite yet. I do have 12 eggs in the incubator from Madamwlf and CJWaldon that are going strong, so I am getting my flock started back up again. They have quickly become one of my three favorite breeds for their friendliness as well as their beauty.
I would like to see a roo and a hen on the on the logo round and a good clear lettering That I could read on a button..Hust so when we wear a button we can find each other at swaps shows etc...Sorry I really have Issue's with not reading print without getting 3 inchs from you...

big_smile.png

I was told by a chap in the UK that got Cream Legbars 12-13 years ago that the website above is the best reference that he has come across for what his mentor's flock looked like and what he was trying to breed to. I actually met the owner of the site via a Marans chicken group.

I like that site too. I feel it is one of the best on the Internet but I think for a history we are best to search for primary sources.

Last edited:
I was told by a chap in the UK that got Cream Legbars 12-13 years ago that the website above is the best reference that he has come across for what his mentor's flock looked like and what he was trying to breed to. I actually met the owner of the site via a Marans chicken group.

I like that site too. I feel it is one of the best on the Internet but have noticed that most of the on-line histories (that one included) have a common error in them that contradicts a primary source that I found written by R.C. Punnett. So...I think for a history we are best to search for primary sources.

The males on that website look more silver to me than cream. I am just learning this breed, but that seems at odds with the color description.

Walt

this was my boy that I lost this summer. If we could find a picture we could use it to create a linear template. I could cut out the silhouette and then place angle lines on it for a visual chart similar to the drawing I see on the Marans site. We could use the closest 'ideal' silhouette and to indicate slopes of back and stance even the triangular wedge body.

I can try to create some circular basic template for a logo that could be filled in with an image later.

Back
Top Bottom