Toon

Chirping
Aug 9, 2019
I have a splash marans roo and a bunch of cream legbar hens, what would the offspring look like if I crossed them together?

Barred with leakage males.

Non barred females.

All offspring would be a base of blue with red leakage.

Barred with leakage males.

Non barred females.

All offspring would be a base of blue with red leakage.

Another quick question:
Would the offspring be sexlinked or will the difference develop later?

Hello, I’m just going back to this thread...what if you had a cream legbar roo over a splash Maran? What would they look like and would they be sex linked? And what about CCL over a cuckoo Maran?

Thankyou for your reply! Will this sort of feathering end up being barred?
38C8532F-D1BE-45DD-A9C9-963F8991EB78.jpeg
19542AB9-9588-4C29-AF08-B584A0B07FFA.jpeg

The chicks are a bit over 5 weeks in the pics . Parents are a legbar dad and either splash or cuckoo Maran Mum, possibly a welsummer Mum. First pic is suspected boy who I’ve only just started to see a bit of barring on his back neck feathers (fake crele barring from what I’ve read). Second pic is suspected girl, again, a little barring around the neck. My third from this parent combo is very obviously barred (dominant white).

Thankyou for your reply! Will this sort of feathering end up being barred?
View attachment 2393027View attachment 2393029
The chicks are a bit over 5 weeks in the pics . Parents are a legbar dad and either splash or cuckoo Maran Mum, possibly a welsummer Mum. First pic is suspected boy who I’ve only just started to see a bit of barring on his back neck feathers (fake crele barring from what I’ve read). Second pic is suspected girl, again, a little barring around the neck. My third from this parent combo is very obviously barred (dominant white).
Yes, they are both barred.

Back
Top Bottom