thanks! I’ve never had barred chickens and they looked different to barred purebreds I’ve googled! Can’t wait to see how they grow out.
Do you mind posting updated pics? I'm about to breed my legbar roo to my splash marans hen and I'm curious what they might look like.

thanks! I’ve never had barred chickens and they looked different to barred purebreds I’ve googled! Can’t wait to see how they grow out.
They generally have poorer barring when younger, and it gets crisper and cleaner as they grow.

So did anyone ever hatch chicks from a Splash Maran Roo over Legbar hens?? I’m going to be hatching some and wondering what I am looking for as far as sexing them. Will the males have spots on their heads?

So did anyone ever hatch chicks from a Splash Maran Roo over Legbar hens?? I’m going to be hatching some and wondering what I am looking for as far as sexing them. Will the males have spots on their heads?
I did, the hens are blue, with golden hackles (gold birchen), crested. The roos look like gold cuckoo marans, but crested.

IMG_20210209_121903.jpg
IMG_20210209_121906.jpg

I just hatched my first round of Mar-Bars (Blue Splash Marans over Legbar hens) so far 5/5 chicks are blue with no head spot. They can’t all be girls??? @Toon how obvious was the chicks head spot? Was the head spot the only distinguishable factor?

Back
Top Bottom