Cream Legbars

I agree -- I had both Marans and Leghorn (similar temperament to Legbar) together and the Marans are very bossy but the smaller quicker Leghorn can really put a Marans in its place! (I'm speaking pecking order of hens -- I'm not zoned for roos).

I clicked this thread because I just got my first CL last week and she's already winning hearts but I so relate to this comment!!! Of my older girls, the Leghorn and Marans rule the roost and it's just like you said. The Marans is the muscle bullying everyone around. But the Leghorn is small quick and frantic and doesn't give a cluck what the Marans says. She's the only one the Marans can't bully so I question which of them is actually the alpha hen.

Here's my CL chick, Charlotte at 2 days old. She's 6 days today:
IMG_20201001_130440.jpg
IMG_20201001_130444.jpg

I have 10 Cream Legbar roosters that are 6 months old. I want to process. My wife says not worth the trouble. I also have Black Copper Marans roosters that we process for meat every year. They dress out at 3.5 lbs each. Are the Legbars worth the truuble?? TOM

If I post pics here can someone help me select the best cockerels for breeding? I have 5 maybe 6(hatchery quality but still) that I need to get down to 2 to overwinter.... I only ended up with 5 decent looking hens so I will be keeping the extra boy in the boys only coop just in case

If I post pics here can someone help me select the best cockerels for breeding? I have 5 maybe 6(hatchery quality but still) that I need to get down to 2 to overwinter.... I only ended up with 5 decent looking hens so I will be keeping the extra boy in the boys only coop just in case
Yes.

Also I wish I could give you some of my extras, as I have at least 30 of them and several look to be pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom