Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Wow, it looks like it has a second membrane or something. Is there egg white between it and the shell? At first I thought it was wrapped in artificial cobwebbing for Halloween!

Yesterday I found a rubber egg for the first time (shell-less). I squawked when I touched it, then (because in the dim light it looked normal) asked my daughter to touch it. Nothing fazes her. This did. Of course I had to try it on my son and my husband. Son yelped and ran to wash his hands. Husband said "never show me something like that again." Heh.

2. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Yes it did have egg white between it and the shell. she laid it on a 2by6 board they use as a perch. when it came out i was watching her because she didn't look good. Just by chance i stopped to look at them. Right when it popped out the majority of the egg white was loose and ran off of it. It still had some in between the membrane and the hard egg. whats really weird is that stuff on the front of it. I broke the membrane open to get a pic of it.

I had a shell-less one too early this year. its so weird to find a squishy egg. Its kinda weird that the membrane on those are really thick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    The woman that I purchased these chicks and hatching eggs from was from North Carolina. She was selling off all her stock in anticipation of moving to Maine. I did not see the parents so other than the male & female I purchased and male & female that I hatched, there will be no more of this line of which I am aware. The parents were not at the Gilmanor Swap in September in Virginia.

She did ave a number of other CCLs that she was selling there. So someone else who may have purchased from her would have to step forward.

4. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    So excited- we closed on the new house today!!!!! Got the electric fence halfway up, hoping to start moving coops and birds later this week depending on hubby's work load. Yippee!!!

5. HaplessRunner

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Congratulations!!! New beginnings are always exciting (and full of work)! Enjoy.

6. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    [​IMG] Congrats!!!! You must be over the moon! Have fun.

7. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Congratulations -- all that land -- all those CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very happy for you!

8. ChicKat

It did occur to me that you should probably mail them to me right now.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Because, I love 'em.....
    [​IMG]

9. HaplessRunner

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    LOL!!! You will have to take a number since I have already had at least a half dozen offers for them. I am hoping that they will develop and grow out appropriately and become primary breeding stock.

10. ChicKat

Okay, so that makes me #7 right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by