Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Congratulations!!! Really looking forward to the post!! Bravo! And big thanks on behalf of Cream Legbar people everywhere for promoting the breed!!

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Shotzy
    LOVE your chicken.

3. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Congratulations on your wonderful wins Mr. T! I can't wait to hear what you learned from the judges too!

4. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    HaplessRunner, that is an amazing record of success, and in one show! Please do post pictures of your birds!

5. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Funny, my CLs hate the cold- my Black Copper Marans are outside all day every day and we've been hovering around freezing for the last few days. The CL's will hop out for some corn but as soon as it's gone they are back in the coop! Isbar hens stay inside, too, but the rooster likes to be out. The Croad Langshans mostly stay out, too. Ameraucanas stay mostly in.

6. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    All my chickens hate, hate, hate the snow. The ISA Brown and RIRs are more comfortable with cold and snow than the others, but not by much. The only ones who look actively cold are the two tiny d'Uccles. They stay in the coop nearly all the time. The CLs? Middle of the pack.

7. shotzy007

shotzy007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2013
    Texas
    [​IMG]
    My Hattie in the back looking over her kingdom

8. GaryDean26

GaryDean26 Chicken Czar

Dec 22, 2011
    McAlester, OK
    My Coop
    Yes...I was on a Marans form earlier today and someone asked if Marans were supposed to lay in the winter. Everyone seemed to have an excuse for why their flock didn't lay in the winter, but my observations have been that of my half dozen breeds that the Marans lay best in the winter hands down, but lay the worst during the summer (it can't be comfortable for a big black bird in 103 Deg. F). My CLB are more productive in the summer and less productive in the winter. It is a nice trade out to have one breed that lays through the summer heat and one that lays through the cold weather. It keeps the egg supply moving through out the year.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  9. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    No one is laying at my house right now after moving them from the old place- except one Marans pullet! An egg nearly every day which is rare for a marans! Nice color to it, too!

10. Chookbola

Chookbola New Egg

Nov 25, 2013
    Cibola National Forest
    Marking my spot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by