Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

here's some cool news, and it applies to not just Cream Legbars but all poultry, Grant Brereton of the UK, editor of Fancy Fowl magazine and judge, and writer of many cool books and articles will have a seminar in the USA in March.

http://www.gbpoultry.com/Home.html - North Carolina - how lucky are you!?

2. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    We're back....
    and Grey won 1st place in the Legbars! Best of Breed! Of course he was the only one lol! We definitely have some work to do in education though...I entered over the phone which is why "Cream" and "Legbar" are spelled creatively. The judges were very helpful and said that we needed to work on the tail angle and color, but that they really liked Grey's shape.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We had a blast and definitely learned a lot! And even had a little surprise from our little Barnevelder...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Congrats!!!! That is so great for you! Your Grey is quite beautiful.

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Congratulations to you and your daughter and of course your chickens too!!

5. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Congratulations to both of you!!!!..... wow - quite a coup for your first showing. Now you are going to be our go-to person. WAY TO GO!
    [​IMG]

6. KPenley

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks everyone! We still have a lot to learn, so I hope the OTs and experienced fanciers continue to share their experiences.

7. shotzy007

shotzy007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2013
    Texas
    [​IMG]
    She still gives me and egg everyday. It's 35 in Austin. She likes it. I didnt know chickens like the cold.

1 person likes this.
  8. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    Congratulations K. What great news.

9. KPenley

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Awe. Looks like a sweet girl shotzy! And a great layer too [​IMG]

10. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Well folks, time to report my show results. [​IMG]

The Virginia Poultry Breeders Association was my first show ever. I showed the following poultry with the following results:

• Wheaten ameraucana cockerel – RV
    • Wheaten ameraucana pullet – BV
    • Blue wheaten ameraucana cockerel – BV
    • Black ameraucana pullet – RV
    • Black ameraucana cockerel – BB/BV
    • Cream legbar pullets – BB/BV
    • Cream legbar cockerels – RV
    • Euskal oiloa (marraduna basque) – BB/BV

While I had the only cream legbars and euskal oiloa at the show, there was strong competition in the ameraucanas. So getting best in breed and best/reserve varieties in a very competitive class was a pleasant surprise. I had attended a show in Frederick, MD about 3-4 weeks ago and based on observations there, I felt that some of my birds might be competitive. But I never would have guessed that they would do this well. An exciting day for sure!

I was also able to talk with lots of folks about the cream legbars and EOs. There was a lot of interest. I also made a point of discussing the draft SOPs with the judge for both the cream legbars and EOs to gather comments and info to further establish the breeds and acceptance. I do have some comments for the draft SOP.

I have a bunch of pictures on my cell phone that I need to figure out to get them to my computer. So another post to come!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by