Cream Legbars

Pics
Here is a sample of egg colors from the UK, and my legbar pullet's first egg was similar to C15 on the chart...
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/BRKArauEgg.html

It's bluer than green and greener than blue. :O) Here it is

on a light blue towel for reference....and that is a plastic tablespoon in front. (pullet egg aka little) -- It is a difficult color to capture.

I would also say--- if you get the opportunity to get cream legbars...then take the jump...they are no more difficult than other chickens to raise. (I felt I wasn't ready yet either...but I'm particularly glad that I got them.) HTH
Thank you for the link, it is very useful.

Thanks for the egg picture! I love my hatchery birds (one of them is my top favorite) but my breeder-birds are clearly truer to type. I find myself wanting heritage Rhode Island Reds, very good Speckled Sussexes, and Cream Legbars. Also some Icelandics. I could go on.

Right now I'm having a great deal of fun collecting lots of breeds. I hope to settle down to just one or two breeds of high-quality stock, although I'll never be a real breeder as I'm too soft-hearted to cull.

HI everyone! I hatched out six Cream Legbars over the weekend. I thought it was going to be very easy to tell the gender, but I am confused about a few of the six. My guess is they are probably males, but I would like some help confirming that. I posted on the what gender am I thread, but didn't get much response...I think there are just not enough people with them.

So I thought I might get some help here.

Here are some pictures, any input you have would be appreciated.

From L to R: I think I have a possible male?, a male (has a white spot on its head), a female, a female, a female and then the one on the end I am unsure about as well.

Here are close ups of the two I am unsure about.

This is the close up of the one to the far left, it is really blonde, but has a reddish stripe you can see in the first picture.

And finally the one on the far right end. This one has that dark spot that is in a shape of a Vee, but it is clearly muted and in person has almost a blueish/silver coloring.

So I could have 3 and 3 or 4 and two I am just really not sure.

HI everyone! I hatched out six Cream Legbars over the weekend. I thought it was going to be very easy to tell the gender, but I am confused about a few of the six. My guess is they are probably males, but I would like some help confirming that. I posted on the what gender am I thread, but didn't get much response...I think there are just not enough people with them.

So I thought I might get some help here.

Here are some pictures, any input you have would be appreciated.

From L to R: I think I have a possible male?, a male (has a white spot on its head), a female, a female, a female and then the one on the end I am unsure about as well.

So I could have 3 and 3 or 4 and two I am just really not sure.
Curious as to how this turned out and where you did get your eggs? I can tell the 2 females on the inside right side but the others....YOWSA! They're not pale enough to be those white sports that are popping up but without the stripping I would have assumed they were boys, but I wonder if it's connected in any way? I've not had this problem show up and I've been a hatching fool this spring/summer so this is a in a strange way a wonderful curiosity...perhaps just for me though. The two inner left ones do have some eye stripping but they are so blurry with their coloring. It you have any further information on sex WyoChickenMamma please let us know. I have a younger pullet that's not laying yet but her hackles are creamier than my current layer and she is from the B line while I think my layer is from the A line so I'm curious as to what she will throw and any differences that will occur.

I will take some more pictures tonight and post them. I have at times thought I had 4 females and two males and then other times I think I have 2 females and 4 males. Bwahahaahaha.

The eggs were from Cindylee53 on Ebay. The eggs were all exactly the same color and size, so I don't doubt they are all from her GFF line. It is a mystery though.

Back
Top Bottom