Cream Legbars

Well they have crowing contests , maybe she wants equal time. We could ask for a loudest pullet category
big_smile.png

I suspect she may win...
lau.gif

Didn't she just start laying? Maybe she just wants her egg song to be louder than all the rest. Either that or egg laying may be more like childbirth than we think.lol

Yes, she just started laying (the first, and still the only one laying). But she "sang" her (obnoxious full volume) egg song for about 3 weeks before starting to lay, and now she "sings" LOUDLY for about 2 or even more hours off and on until she lays for the day. Sometimes she gets the others going as well, though I'm not sure they know why they're yelling with her. They sound like they're being strangled by weasels, so I tend to check on them just in case, never find anything but loud pullets. Sometimes when I come up to Paula, she'll quiet down and just stare at me... until I walk away, and then there she goes again.

Who would have thought three pullets could be so loud? I read somewhere that Cream Legbars were "vocal", but yikes!!! I'm glad I'm not in a position to have to have them as "Stealth" chickens - the entire metropolitan area knows when she's getting ready to lay.

(That being said, I let them out to range today, and while I was building their little pop door, she came over to stand beside me for a little while and just "talked" and muttered sweetly and quietly to me. I think she was thanking me for letting her out to eat grass.)

I adore her, and she's giving me a pretty light blue-green 50 gram egg almost every day (about 6 out of 7 in a week). I just wish she had a quieter set of pipes on her...

- Ant Farm

Yes, she just started laying (the first, and still the only one laying). But she "sang" her (obnoxious full volume) egg song for about 3 weeks before starting to lay, and now she "sings" LOUDLY for about 2 or even more hours off and on until she lays for the day. Sometimes she gets the others going as well, though I'm not sure they know why they're yelling with her. They sound like they're being strangled by weasels, so I tend to check on them just in case, never find anything but loud pullets. Sometimes when I come up to Paula, she'll quiet down and just stare at me... until I walk away, and then there she goes again.

Who would have thought three pullets could be so loud? I read somewhere that Cream Legbars were "vocal", but yikes!!! I'm glad I'm not in a position to have to have them as "Stealth" chickens - the entire metropolitan area knows when she's getting ready to lay.

(That being said, I let them out to range today, and while I was building their little pop door, she came over to stand beside me for a little while and just "talked" and muttered sweetly and quietly to me. I think she was thanking me for letting her out to eat grass.)

I adore her, and she's giving me a pretty light blue-green 50 gram egg almost every day (about 6 out of 7 in a week). I just wish she had a quieter set of pipes on her...

- Ant Farm
lau.gif
will the first Cream Legbar chorus girls please take a bow. I have heard of that some chickens sing the egg song together but have never seen it. You have to video. But if you release a record I want in on the deal for giving you the idea lol. If I can ever get all my roosters crowing they can do back up.

My girls are maturing nicely. They were busy eating scratch, so not really good participants of pic taking lol but I captured their nice gray bodies well. 8 of them and still only one laying sporadically, maybe lack of sunlight.

They are 7months old

My older girls are molting or just finishing up and look a mess lol.
Your pullets are looking great CP. I love the picture of them with their tails up and heads down!

Back
Top Bottom