Cream Legbars

I kind of felt guilty sending my six spare cockerels to the freezer this week. One of them had previoulsy been picked for my 2013 breeder (out of about 18 I kept this year) before bringing in a cream colored cockerel. I would have liked to rehome him and a younger cockerel too that was looking like he would turn out even better then his older half brother. The younger cockerel weighed in at 5 lbs at 6 month old with great angles and shape, straight combs and tiny crest. I just couldn't talk any breeders into taking any gold colored cockerels this year and didn't have space to keep them myself since I was keeping both of my foundation roosters.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the only breed seeing a demand in roosters right now?! I'm searching for a nice crested one myself. Hopefully I can find one soon.

In the meantime I thought I'd share some pictures of my newest gals

These two are best buddies - non-crested from my foundation CL and the crested pullet from Jordan Farms eggs. Both have nice light hackles.

Closeups

And the gold pullet who is part of the layer flock. Lots of gold in the feathers on her back and wings.

I just set 28 CLB eggs!!!!!
celebrate.gif
I can't wait to see who hatches next month!

I finally read through this whole thread now too! Trying to learn as much as I can about the Cream Legbars, for my pair. I did set a few Cream Legbar mixed eggs, just to make sure my rooster is doing his job, and because I am getting impatient for my hen to lay! These will be Cream Legbar X Tetra Tint mixes, so if I end up with any hens they can go into my layer flock as green egg layers
yesss.gif

whoooo Hoooo -- That is going to be a lot of babies. Best of luck with the incubating!

Well, they're all shipped eggs, so we'll see...but the method of resting the eggs before turning worked pretty well last time around, so I'm hoping for enough birds to finish forming three lines.

Back
Top Bottom