Creating a new breed

Farm Innovators model 4250 is the one I use. It is fantastic. $120, and 41 egg capacity. Perfect humidity control, auto turner, great viewing window and temp isn't hard to stabilize.
I use this one too and absolutely love it. The MagicFly incubator I bought on Amazon was a waste of $60

I actually have this cross right now. They're pretty cute so far! I thought I would get Olive eggs, so I find it interesting that they'll lay blue for me. would I get the egg production of the EEs with silked feathers if I bred sibling to sibling? They're all half-siblings, so that may help reduce issues associated with inbreeding?
How would you get Olive Eggers from a Silkie x Easter Egger?? That's not possible.

I have one silkie that lays tanish eggs.
We call those cream/tinted. In bantams, there's been a lot of outbreeding so oftentimes breeds that should lay white don't. D'Uccles for instance. My own lay white, eggs I bought were brown.

I actually have this cross right now. They're pretty cute so far! I thought I would get Olive eggs, so I find it interesting that they'll lay blue for me.
Silkies are known for laying White or very light tinted eggs, so no chance of getting Olive eggers with Silkie/EE cross. For Olive you really need dark eggers.

Would I get the egg production of the EEs with silked feathers if I bred sibling to sibling?
you will get all ranges of production, from bad egg layers like pure silkies to EE like production and everything in between.

Back
Top Bottom