Creating a new breed

I have silkie x EE chicks! Its day 21 and three have hatched! Two are pipped. I will post pictures soon.

The first one to hatch has yellow skin and white fluff with grayish "chipmunk strips". It also has six toes on one foot and four on the other. It has a beard and maybe a small crest and a weird mixed comb.

The second one has similar fluff, but its a little darker. Five toes on each foot. Bearded. Maybe crested.

#3 has more olive/gray skin. Five toes. Beard. Probably crested. They are adorable!

The two that are pipped got rolled around last night by the hatched chicks so I'm hoping they hatch ok.

They are gray ee/"partridge" silkie mixes.

Are blue earlobes dominant or recessive? Does anyone know? I cant tell if they have them or not but I don't think they do.

I have silkie x EE chicks! Its day 21 and three have hatched! Two are pipped. I will post pictures soon.

The first one to hatch has yellow skin and white fluff with grayish "chipmunk strips". It also has six toes on one foot and four on the other. It has a beard and maybe a small crest and a weird mixed comb.

The second one has similar fluff, but its a little darker. Five toes on each foot. Bearded. Maybe crested.

#3 has more olive/gray skin. Five toes. Beard. Probably crested. They are adorable!

The two that are pipped got rolled around last night by the hatched chicks so I'm hoping they hatch ok.

They are gray ee/"partridge" silkie mixes.

Are blue earlobes dominant or recessive? Does anyone know? I cant tell if they have them or not but I don't think they do.
Was the Silkie the father or mother? If father, only the pullet chicks will have dark skin.

Turquoise is a play on white which is somewhat dominant. It will show through over red, but the earlobes will still have some red in them.

Was the Silkie the father or mother? If father, only the pullet chicks will have dark skin.

Turquoise is a play on white which is somewhat dominant. It will show through over red, but the earlobes will still have some red in them.
The silkie was the father...I guess that means I have one pullet.

Back
Top Bottom