Creating a space to forage

jaswashburn

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2020
New Mexico, USA
Hey! My little ducklings are growing fast, taking field trips outside and almost ready to permanently move out. My plan is to let them out to forage when they can be supervised, but that will just be weekends (maybe a little in the evenings during the summer). Because of this, they have a very large, enclosed run to be in during the day. There’s not much in there as far as plants, and therefore insects. Are there any plants I can cultivate in there that would make for good foraging? I’m assuming also more plants and cover will attract more insects.

Hey! My little ducklings are growing fast, taking field trips outside and almost ready to permanently move out. My plan is to let them out to forage when they can be supervised, but that will just be weekends (maybe a little in the evenings during the summer). Because of this, they have a very large, enclosed run to be in during the day. There’s not much in there as far as plants, and therefore insects. Are there any plants I can cultivate in there that would make for good foraging? I’m assuming also more plants and cover will attract more insects.

Hello, welcome to BYC!
I would succes you plant at least one bushy plant so they can lay in the shade and have cover from above. Mine love it. As do they love to hide between longer grasses

Back
Top Bottom