Creating an Article. What Has been your best Incubator? *POLL*

What Do YOU think the best incubator is?

• Total voters
I've only used one non-diy incubator, but it's done pretty good job and that's why I haven't needed to try others. It's the Janoel24, which is similar to the 12, but not quite the same. I got it in February 2019 and I was attracted to it being less than $200 for having enough space for 30 quail eggs, didn't need any extra attachments (additional cost) to turn the quail eggs, and had decent reviews compared to other brands.
Beyond expected benefits, the turning tray has turned out to be really convenient for having some batch overlap. Remove slats from around the eggs in lockdown and leave the slats next to eggs still needing turning. The tray is large and slow enough to pose very little risk to the first chicks out. Been through several quail hatches and more recently, a few chickens. About to put more chickens in it.
There's only two tiny downsides. While I've had success only filling water reservoirs only twice during incubation (at set and lockdown), not being able to easily view water level under the hatch tray could be inconvenient for someone with less moderate humidity levels. But I recall posts here or there about working around lack of reservoir visibility fairly simply, so not a huge deal. The other thing is lining up the top with the bottom can be somewhat awkward if you don't have good control lifting it up, because the contact area is pretty thin. But we're not supposed to be opening the incubator frequently or wildly, so being careful is generally enough. :)

On a side note, if you have a child who is a little too nosy (or you're avoiding pestering from your husband lol) like I do, it's actually a benefit that the the "clear" parts are translucent gray instead of crystal clear and it's easy to put a dark gray piece of paper over the one lighted spot. So only the low hum gives away that something is going on. 😇
View attachment 2466393
Thank you so much for the description and disclaimers and tips! That’s exactly what I’m looking for- what users found worked for them a certain way

:yesss: Good job guys! I got 7 more votes in a day and a half. It’s not a lot for a regular poll but I got to my goal :idunno. This poll still isn’t closed though! I need plenty more votes from y’all before the 12th :D

I'm going to be in need of a bator PDQ, but I want 1 that'll do about 48 eggs, was leaning towards the hova bator products.. Back in the 60s-70s mom had 2 sears and roebucks redwood 400 egg bators.. She'd also order kits from Lyons electric and made bators from ice chests for cheap..

I'm going to be in need of a bator PDQ, but I want 1 that'll do about 48 eggs, was leaning towards the hova bator products.. Back in the 60s-70s mom had 2 sears and roebucks redwood 400 egg bators.. She'd also order kits from Lyons electric and made bators from ice chests for cheap..
Nice! Have you gotten an incubator yourself besides thinking over the two?

Nice! Have you gotten an incubator yourself besides thinking over the two?

I had a large plywood 1 with 11" flexwatt heat tape and controller that I hatched snakes in but I took it apart for the plywood and space... I may look into the Harris stuff maybe they make bigger than 24 egg..

Back
Top Bottom