Creating tru dp breed

I kept a CX pullet, restricted diet and exercise, bred her to my heritage mix roo. Hatched a pullet and 3 cockerels. I used the cockerels and most of flock is out of them.
I got her end of March, she started laying middle of Sept and quit Oct. She never started laying again before she died at 1 yr old

Cockerels dress out 5 to 7 lbs at 16 weeks.

interesting I have restricted feed on Cornish cross years ago got married and it changed now im divorced 11 years later and looking to get back into chickens like I was. why I was looking at these slow whites they say they lay brown eggs and are good it they grow to 6 to 7 pounds at 10 to 12 weeks looks like what im looking for Ive searched and searched the internet for information and picture on these guys its very very very limited so im just going to try it and see what happens

interesting I have restricted feed on Cornish cross years ago got married and it changed now im divorced 11 years later and looking to get back into chickens like I was. why I was looking at these slow whites they say they lay brown eggs and are good it they grow to 6 to 7 pounds at 10 to 12 weeks looks like what im looking for Ive searched and searched the internet for information and picture on these guys its very very very limited so im just going to try it and see what happens
Some one did them and some of the colored broilers. I think he liked the royal better.. later today I'll see if I can find it... It's on a thread in the meat bird forum

ETA I think it's in here https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...modern-broilers-heritage-and-hybrids.1295366/

Back
Top Bottom